• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
(2012-10-10, 03:35)Spiza Wrote: I'm trying to watch a show with more than 20 episodes, and it won't load all the episodes. I tried the search option, but a search for parenthood wouldn't return the television show.

I'm also having this problem with Star Trek: TNG and Farscape, is there any workaround?
Is there anyway to use the plugin without having your email and password constantly loaded in the configure page? I am not sure what kind of encryption XBMC offers and I am concerned someone could lift my password and go shopping. Is there away to log in with different credentials? Thanks.
I have suddenly an issue with 'Exporting to Library'
on (new install like just today) crystalbuntu on ATV1 EDEN & amazon Bluecop plugin.
I see all my Movies in the >Watchlist>Movies and TV shows
yet I cannot export to library anymore.. the plugin is configured with default values .. just added my prime login info.
(I used to be able to!! )

I cannot recall whether there is something else to configure to get the export for Movies and TV shows to work.

any hint?

***EDIT: resolved my issue. I have to go into video library in xbmc and set the content on the exported 'folders' now it works again.

Fist I would like to thank bluecop for wonderful plugin.
I was wondering if there is some way to increase the buffer size? I use a VPN which is sometimes unstable. Kindle Fire app downloads the movie as fastest available speed so the playback is smooth. I tried the global cachemembuffersize but it does not seem to affect Amazon plugin but works with other plugins.
Code:
<network>
        <cachemembuffersize>12828800</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
I using XBMC on raspberry Pi.
I installed the Bluecop repo for xbmc and updated my librtmp.dll file, but nothing happens when I try to install the Amazon addon. I also tried installing it from the Zip posted earlier in the thread but didn't work either. Any ideas? (and would there be an error log that I could check? would it matter if there are no visible errors?) Thanks.
I tried watching two rented videos with this plugin yesterday. One of them worked fine, but one just played the trailer. I read the posts and it looks like others might have the same problem.

I checked the logs, added some debug logging and went through the code. Here is what I found out:

1) According to xbmc.log, the video fails because the Amazon server throws Java null pointer exception. After this, the plugin falls back on playing the trailer.
2) I copied and pasted the http request to the browser and I got the same exception.
3) Watching the video with the browser works fine. However, I noticed that the browser uses a different ASIN: If I hardcode this other ASIN in the plugin, the video plays fine also in the XBMC.
4) Initially, in LIBRARY_LIST_MOVIES, the plugin finds the right ASIN. However, then the moviedata is saved to the database and later when the moviedata is requested, the database returns a row with a wrong url. The url is otherwise fine, but there is wrong ASIN and exception follows.

It looked like in the non functiong video, the right asin was in the database field hd_asin and the wrong asin (the one being used) in the database field asin. In the functioning ones, the right asin was in the database field asin. I am not totally sure of this though. I did not dig very deep on this. Instead, I implemented the brutal fix below.

Since the right ASIN seems to be always initially available, I changed the code so that the ASIN is not fetched from the database. It is passed as is to the function which builds the list view for XBMC. The other moviedata is still fetched from the database. The fix worked for me. I can play all of my rental videos now. Of course, I only have a few rental videos so there might be others which don't work.

I only implemented the fix for rental movies. It might work for bought movies if they have a similar problem. I did not look at the tv show part at all since I don't have any tv shows on my Amazon account. If tv shows have a similar problem, then this fix will probably not help.

I am happy to share my fix. However, I think that it would be better if somebody with better understanding of the plugin internals would validate the fix or make a better fix based on the analysis above.
Would it be possible to add HD support for Prime movies? Movies which are available in HD are only available on devices like PS3 Xbox360 and of course Kindle FIre HDs.
On the other hand TV shows are available on HD in plugin and through a browser with flash.
Would like to get RASPBERRY PI box with XBMC and AMAZON PRIME and NETFLIX all running to plug into my HDTV and control with a generic BLUETOOTH mouse. Thinking this can be done for less than $50. Giving all the reading here about tweaks and adjustments maybe should wait six months to see how this works out.

Alternative is a BLUERAY player with AMAZON PRIME built into the software.
Just wanted to check on the current state of things... I purchased a tv series set a few months ago (Pocoyo for my daughter) and it plays fine. I just purchased a movie (Sneakers) and all I get on trying to play is a trailer. Is this something that I can fix?
(2012-12-24, 16:27)ktjensen Wrote: Would like to get RASPBERRY PI box with XBMC and AMAZON PRIME and NETFLIX all running to plug into my HDTV and control with a generic BLUETOOTH mouse. Thinking this can be done for less than $50.
The Netflix part won't work until netflix drops the silverlight.

Best I got was using this guide but it was choppy (but I was testing it on an old intel video card.)

How to get Netflix streaming on Ubuntu 12.10
(2012-12-25, 18:31)locoguano Wrote: Just wanted to check on the current state of things... I purchased a tv series set a few months ago (Pocoyo for my daughter) and it plays fine. I just purchased a movie (Sneakers) and all I get on trying to play is a trailer. Is this something that I can fix?

I had a similar problem before Christmas. I spent some time debugging the plugin (see the post above), made some code changes and managed to fix it at least for me.

It would be interesting to know whether my fix works for you. If you send me a private message with email address, I could email you the two plugin files I have changed. You would then have to copy the changed files over the original files and try it out. If it doesn't work out, you can simply restore the original files.

How much do you know about the directory structure of the XBMC configuration files? Are you able to locate the plugin source code files on your computer?

krola: Thanks for the research into the problem. I would love to incorporate your changes. Sorry for the slow response. You can pm or post here. whatever is convenient.
Hmmm when building prime television database, I get to about 1700 episondes, 120 shows, and 250 seasons, then the script errors out.
Is there something I am doing wrong? not sure where to look for fixing this.

Man I love this plugin. Keep up the great work.

OOPS I forgot to say I am on Eden, windows 8 for the os

Ok, So now it got to 9810 episodes and hasn't crashed yet (crosses fingers)
I am on Frodo rc2 openelect (read as: the latest OE Frodo .. ) on atv1 and CrystalHD
The plugin works great as it was on eden as well!!
The issue:
I believe it has nothing to-do with the plugin but it maybe a good starting point. It appears that I cannot fast forward a tv show or movie (jump to a specific time stamp.. or resume) .. to be more exact, the audio will fast forward but the video will freeze. (audio will keep playing afaik till the end of the show)
I do suspect buffering.. since it works like for a few 30 sec. ffwd's But then it would freeze.. and not come back.
In Eden I recall it was working.

Has anybody observed a similar thing? Also is there a way to increase the buffer? It seems that this was asks before yet I could not find it on xbmc.org. it may have been in some other forum.
also of course the openelec/xbmc Frodo video sync display sync and such could be the culprit.
I am not using HDMI audio but TOS link.

Any hint appreciated. If logs would be of interest I guess I would be able to recreate the issue easily enough to get a fresh log.

This add-on is great btw!

*****Edit: no issues. Just issues on OE3 RC2 on ATV1 + CHD in general. No issues with CB1 on ATV1 so switched back to CB1
Hi,

First, thanks for the plugin. I'm running XBMC Eden through my ATV2. It's great to be able to stream Prime movies to my tv. My issue is that most of the movies I have tried to watch pause every few minutes to buffer, and sometimes the plugin just crashes and the movie needs to be restarted. Sometimes it remembers where it crashed, and other times it starts at the beginning of the movie again. Very frustrating. I don't seem to have this problem on Netflix or running the Amazon app on my iPad or PC. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted? Does the bitrate setting have anything to do with this behavior?

Thanks for your help!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14