• 67(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
New implementation of the addon using the Chrome Launcher. Its much easier to install. Includes additional features. and will be more actively maintained.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182172

For the time being a removed the login because of the phishing email problem.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Have to say I don't miss XMBC at all. Hadn't turned on the XBMC HTPC in about 7 months and I amazed how annoying it is to use a PC is for doing home theater stuff (and the XBMC interface is still not intuitive as I had to google how to do a library update haha). Windows Update, driver updates, awkward remote control messing, gah who needs it. With Roku and Plex it really all just works and I don't have to deal with much of anything anymore.

I cant believe both Netflix and Amazon streaming STILL don't work directly on XMBC (without some weird hack web browser approach). Crazy. Glad there is a choice and so many love XBMC, but without Netflix and Amazon streaming, XBMC isnt a complete enough platform for me... Sad
StayXBMC: You're right, it is a great thing to have choices. I'm sorry that you don't find XBMC as intuitive as you'd like. I didn't realize that right-clicking on just about any library link and selecting "update library" was an unintuitive way of updating a library. As far as Netflix and Amazon content goes, don't blame XBMC. Blame Netflix and Amazon for choosing to block out certain media viewers. There are a lot more software and hardware media players (including XBMC, Windows Media Center, and non-Amazon Android devices) that can't view Amazon Instant Video, not because they aren't good players, but because Amazon refuses to allow it. This isn't about XBMC not being good enough to do it. This is about content providers tightening control over which way they allow users to view their content through various methods. It's an absolutely amazing thing that we still have the ability to view Amazon and Netflix from XBMC, even if it does have to play through a web browser. Now, feel free to choose Roku or whatever you want, but don't trash XBMC over a greedy content provider's choice to block out devices and software from their service.
(2014-01-17, 21:17)mikefreeman Wrote: StayXBMC: You're right, it is a great thing to have choices. I'm sorry that you don't find XBMC as intuitive as you'd like. I didn't realize that right-clicking on just about any library link and selecting "update library" was an unintuitive way of updating a library. As far as Netflix and Amazon content goes, don't blame XBMC. Blame Netflix and Amazon for choosing to block out certain media viewers. There are a lot more software and hardware media players (including XBMC, Windows Media Center, and non-Amazon Android devices) that can't view Amazon Instant Video, not because they aren't good players, but because Amazon refuses to allow it. This isn't about XBMC not being good enough to do it. This is about content providers tightening control over which way they allow users to view their content through various methods. It's an absolutely amazing thing that we still have the ability to view Amazon and Netflix from XBMC, even if it does have to play through a web browser. Now, feel free to choose Roku or whatever you want, but don't trash XBMC over a greedy content provider's choice to block out devices and software from their service.

Ah the usual nerd defense of "blame the user." Actually, a right click is not obvious when using a Logitech Harmony remote. Guess I didn't set the remote up correctly as well? My fault again for using the Logitech Harmony setup software for XBMC. Why isn't it automatically setup to scan and update the library during the install process? I had to search for an add-on that would automatically update library. All these gotchas just add up to being a lot of work until you learn all the minutia and it becomes "obvious" I mean look I found it here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos buried down in the submenus?? lol crazy. Thus my point about hassle. Whatever, you and i disagree on this...

Back to the important point, how about XBMC license something directly with Netflix/Amazon, and just charge us for those add ons to work. Problem solved?
(2014-01-17, 20:20)StayXBMC Wrote: Have to say I don't miss XMBC at all. Hadn't turned on the XBMC HTPC in about 7 months and I amazed how annoying it is to use a PC is for doing home theater stuff (and the XBMC interface is still not intuitive as I had to google how to do a library update haha). Windows Update, driver updates, awkward remote control messing, gah who needs it. With Roku and Plex it really all just works and I don't have to deal with much of anything anymore.

I cant believe both Netflix and Amazon streaming STILL don't work directly on XMBC (without some weird hack web browser approach). Crazy. Glad there is a choice and so many love XBMC, but without Netflix and Amazon streaming, XBMC isnt a complete enough platform for me... Sad

Absolutely agree. I periodically check this forum to see if they ever add proper support for the only useful video services on the internet (Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Redbox, HBO GO, etc). If they ever did - i would start using it again.

I haven't used my XBMC box at all in about 6 months or more and I really don't miss it. (I've had Rokus for about a year now) When I had XBMC, it seemed like I was constantly having to do manual maintenance and troubleshooting on it for all kinds of things. I never realized how much of a time waste XBMC can really be just to keep it even running. My wife for example used to watch stuff from Fox on one of these video add-ons and half the time it would not work for whatever reason and she'd yell at me to come in there and i'd be spending time troubleshooting and fixing it. Other times, I'd get used to a certain setup on XBMC and just when i got it working fine, it would need an update, then all of the plugins would and wouldn't work with the previous version...i'd have to go through everything all over again. Just one example out of hundreds over the course of the two years or so that I wasted on XBMC. At the time, I didn't mind it - i didn't know any better. I just thought constantly having to search for plugins, fix your plugins and maintain media software was normal.

Now that i've been using Rokus with a Plex server for a good year -i haven't done a single thing to my media center - i just turn it on and it works. Plus I have access to everything now -way more than I could ever watch- without ever needing to hunt down a working 'plugin' or fixing a plugin or waiting for a plugin.

My favorite thing about XBMC also ended up being my curse.
Like XBMC,

Just have to find enough time to understand the ins & outs. I've jumped in to Gotham on my GBox MX2 Android. So far have not had enough time to research what repos or if Hub Wizard work in it.

Works great on my PC's .. don't have Netflix or Amazon installed, or know how to. But does sound interesting.

Have to give the developers and add on users, a ton of credit for all the time they have spent creating XBMC. Its a great program.. Koo-doos..

Wishing everyone a Healthy winter,

ctx9
I don't miss Windows or Roku Tongue

Never feed trolls.... I think XBMC is for the hobbyist who is willing to spend time mucking with setting and doing some light reading. Blaming the user is reasonable in this case. For most people I think StayXBMC is right Roku is the way to go, its dead simple and commercially supported. XBMC may one day become more than just a hobbyist HTPC option but it needs (a little more polish, not too much) and the biggie as mikefreeman points out is content provider support. If video DRM were to go the way of audio DRM this may be a different argument. Personally I love XBMC and boycott DRM, I will not buy movies or tv shows until they quit that crap. I'm upset with amazon supporting DRM for VOD. If Hulu starts using DRM I will cancel my account. I don't use Netflix because you can't use it in Linux. But I digress, I think XBMC is good for hobbyist and idealist. And XBMCbuntu is better than using than windows as far as OS maintenance is concerned.

XBMC is a great chunk of software that gets better everyday I've been using it since XBMP on TOS Xbox. It may not be perfect but its fun and useful to me.

I've not messed with openelec boxes so it may be more of what StayXBMC is looking for, a set-top-box that requires no mucking.
(2014-01-17, 21:31)StayXBMC Wrote: Back to the important point, how about XBMC license something directly with Netflix/Amazon, and just charge us for those add ons to work. Problem solved?
XBMC is non-profit so this is AFAIK prohibited by our bylaws to charge users. And being non-profit there is also no preassure for us to get those addons in XBMC in order to please our paying customers. I don't say it wouldn't be nice to have addons for commercial content providers, but it's very unlikely that WE will or can do the work. All we can do is provide the infrastructure, it's up to the content providers to build closed source binary addons that can deal with their DRM or to provide binary cross platform libraries + API docs so that free projects can integrate their services. No content provider will give an OpenSource project direct access to decode their DRM, because the source code will be public and the DRM of no use anymore. So blame the content-providers for using DRM protection and/or not providing binary addons for XBMC or at least libraries (like Spotify AFAIK). Without an public open API there is nothing we can do, except those browser+silverlight hacks community addon-devs did.
So if you want to complain, do it on the right end and ask the content providers to provide something the OpenSource community can work with.
As Amazon Prime Instant Video started in Germany today, would it be possible to have an option to search and view from amazon.de instead of amazon.com?

Would be fantastic!
(2014-02-26, 14:12)klopsknoedel Wrote: As Amazon Prime Instant Video started in Germany today, would it be possible to have an option to search and view from amazon.de instead of amazon.com?

Would be fantastic!
The current addons are not maintained anymore, but AddonScriptorDE is working on a new one, see here.
And because of his origin, I guess it will also support the .de site...
Hi Guys,

is there a way to select / modify the base URL of Amazon? Because this week in Germany Amazon started the instant video service for Prime members. In Germany (Amazon.de) I'm a prime member and I also want to watch the movies in German language.

I suspect the API will be the same, only the base URL has to been modified.

Edit: Sorry, the question has been already asked.
(2014-02-26, 14:41)chourumi Wrote:
(2014-02-26, 14:12)klopsknoedel Wrote: As Amazon Prime Instant Video started in Germany today, would it be possible to have an option to search and view from amazon.de instead of amazon.com?

Would be fantastic!
The current addons are not maintained anymore, but AddonScriptorDE is working on a new one, see here.
And because of his origin, I guess it will also support the .de site...

Thanks a lot!!! Will try on my HTPC and RaspPi!

Edit: Even only US-Content available.
Hi, first of all, thank you for all the time you spent on making xbmc more comfortable and usable. i am absolutely new in linux systems (accept an android smartphone) and im not sure where to search for the error. i installed you repo and the amazon app out of it. everytime i try to start a video stream, just a error message occurs that sais: "script error! plugin.video.amazon
i google a bit and found out, that probably the "librtmp" could be a problem, but other video addons like youtube or the german public tv channel addons (ard, zdf) works. could somebody help me fixing this problem?

My Hardware:
Minix X7 MiniPC with this ROM: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8...Nitro-Team
XBMC Version is 12.4 for the Minix
Hi,
I am running XBMC Minix edition (Minix Neo X7 Android hub with 009 firmware).
My XBMC Amazon addon won't stream any movies or tv, saying script error.
Log file here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=141967
Can anybody assist troubleshoot and resolve this issue?
Thanks and regards
amazon has not worked on xbmc for some time.
I must say that i disagree with some above. XBMC is amazing. HBO GO may not be available but you can watch HBO channels. I have never had a roku but i know most of what i want is not available. I have a tv guide customized for me with just the shows i like. I have found movies and tv shows i have not seen in years on here. I know roku has some older movie channels and stuff.
I dont need netflix within XBMC i have it on my apple tv2 and on my tv. However netflix is to blame how long have we had netflix in HD for the APple tv but yet its still not available for linux and the android based one doesnt work the best and does not do HD.
Amazon prime is great however again amazon chooses to be like this and not support things. XBMC could easily become more mainstream then roku the issue is roku has 1 hardware it has to support. XBMC has tons from mobile to computer to tv boxes.

I love XBMc its a great product and its free. I believe those who complain have not looked at all that is available for XBMC out there. Not just addons from this site but 3 others. ROku is not free.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14