XBMC is a bit sticky when playing .mkv
Hello,
This is my first post here.
I installed XBMC today on my HTPC.

Previously I was using MediaPortal as XBMC couldn't support my DVB-S Card.
Though I don't use HTPC to watch TV anymore so I though that I'll give XBMC a try.

I just impressed with this and I really want to keep it.
There is a little problem though.
When trying to play any 720p or 1080p .mkv file I noticed that video is not perfectly smooth.
You hardly notice that but I want everything to be perfect.

I created a playercorefactory..xml in order to play .mkv files using VLC as external player and everything is absolutely fine.

But I don't like the way VLC pops up so I prefer them to play with XBMC.
MediaPortal had the same option but videos where playing inside MediaPortal environment.

If anyone have any idea of what is wrong with my settings and video playback is sticky I would be glad to read an answer.

My system is:

Case: Silverstone LC-19 (SST-LC19B-R)
M/B: Asus M3A78G-EM (Onboard Radeon HD3200)
CPU:AMD Athlon X2 5050e
RAM: Mushkin 2x2GB DDR-2 PC-6400
HDD: WD 1.5TB 64MB Caviar Green
DVB: Gigabyte GT-PS700 (removed)
Wi-Fi Card: Gigabyte GN-WI01GS
Optical Drive: Pioneer Blu-Ray Combo/DVDRW
Mouse: Logitech MX-Air
Operating System: Windows Vista Business SP2

P.S.: I installed Vista today so he only programs installed on PC VLC, firefox and XBMC.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Log? Or 'o' for cpu usage, otherwise adjust skiploopfilter
if you haven't update the latest catalyst, you can update it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software. you need to adjust the hdtv resolution in the catalyst control center (Output to TV via HDMI port), and it is a cool feature which allow you to manually adjust the screen size to fill in the entire lcd screen. you can see exactly how it fits on your screen while making adjustment. i used the same procedures on the largest hdtv screens (56" and 70"), and it fills up the screen nicely on all corners. for lcd picture size, select natural because native don't fill up the entire 16:9 screen most of the time. in catalyst control center, go to video settings and video playback, set it to enforce smooth video playback. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in catalyst).

you can try mpc-hc as your external player instead- DXVA Support
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@Sam.Nazarko:
Here is the xmbc.log
and there is xbmc.old.log

As for CPU usage I haven't measure it but I don't thing that hat's the problem.
I will inform you soon anyway for this.
Also about skiploopfilter will this decrease image quality noticeable?

@bluray:
I have latest drivers for any device on my PC and latest Catalyst.
Also I will fix the underscan to 0% as soon as I connect my HTPC with living room's TV. I have it connected to a small 32" LCD now in order to make test sitting on a desk.
Except that I think I had already tried these settings you mentioned with no result.
Thanks for you answer and your support anyway.
Are you getting a slight judder, especially on slow panning scenes? If so this is probably telecine judder and is due to a mismatch between the frame rate of the film and the refresh rate of the display. Try going into System settings, Video, Playback and enabling "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".

JR
Yes, but I have already tried this with no result.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is a bit sticky when playing .mkv0