Changing DVD Forced Subtitles Font and Color
No matter what settings I have tried through the GUI, I can't seem to change the color and font for forced subtitles. I never use actual subs, just forced so I know what they are saying if a different language is spoken in the movie. The default seems to be these big ugly yellow characters:Subtitle Example

I have tried changing setting in the GUI to no avail:Settings Example

So is there anyway I can change this? Is it possible to use a font other than Arial or teletext?

This is a shot of the same movie, bluray instead of DVD, in MPC-HC: MPC Example. Idealy, this is what I would like them to look like.

Thanks in advance and if there are any logs or anything that may help, PLEASE let me know...I will be happy to post them!!
Devs? Anyone??
DVD subtitles are stored as images. There is nothing you can do to change the font because of this short of a conversion to a text based format which is a hassle. Those settings you tried to change only affect .srt subtitles which are text based. Blu-ray subtitles are typically image based as well, but they look considerably nicer than DVD ones.
Thanks. I seemed to remember them being displayed more like the bluray image if I played the disc on a regular DVD player which is why I was asking. After reading your post, I tried it in the DVD player again for kicks and sure enough, that's what they look like. It is what it is...

Thanks for the quick lesson on subtitles!

Now, if I could only get MPC-HC to display the forced subtitles on m2ts files automatically, life would be great!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing DVD Forced Subtitles Font and Color0