Youtube not working
Hi All,

Just started using XBMC on my laptop connected to TV. So far I love it.

I have a coupld of questions/issues that experts out there might be able to help.

1. How do I find which version I have installed? I googled and people said go to System, System Info. I go to settings, System, but I do not have "System Info" page.

2. My Youtube add-on does not seem to be working. I installed it from within XBMC. Whenever I select one of the categories etc, it goes out to get a list of videos and then errors out stating "Script Error" in the video plugin. I did some search but couldn't find any real answers.

Thanks a bunch for any help.
Ok, I finally found that version info is listed under the power button.

I am using XBMC v10.1 Git:e9e9099 (Compiled: Mar 8 2011)

My Youtube is 2.1.0
If the YouTube add-on is generating and error that error will be listed in the log file. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, then start XBMC, open the Youtube add-on then when you get the error close XBMC again.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here so we can have a look at your log.

JR
Hi JR,

Here is a link to logs at pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=n5SQf3Qh

Some additional info.

I found that I am unable to play the shows section of the YouTube. I tried playing some of the old movies and some trailers and they are playing. Even in these two catagories, not all of the subcategories work.

It seems some of the channel links may be broken. Is there a way to manuall add/edit/update these?

Thanks.
The first error is:

INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
ERROR: Error Type: urllib2.HTTPError
ERROR: Error Contents: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

so it's trying to open a URL that doesn't exist. You'll need to contact the developers of the YouTube add-on to get any further. You could try asking in http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=27.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube not working0