Bluray Playlist Database
I'm sure this has been thought of before, and I don't understand the feasability of it. But the idea is the have a database of bluray discs playlists.

The main reason is so people aren't just stuck with the longest playlist, but can choose what version of a film to watch (DC or Theatrical) or what episode in a tv series to watch. It would avoid a list of playlist numbers, and only show the main ones.

The database would I guess have the crc value of the blurays "index.bdmv" as it's unique id? (or disc name?), then consist of some kind of table with a list of available playlists and be able to attach a text label to each one.

e.g: on batman begins 00001.mpls could be "Extra" and "00012.mpls" could be "Main Movie"

XBMC would calculate the crc of the index, download the latest table and then show it for the user to select.

This isn't a feature request, but just an idea I had (and as said, someone else propbably had the idea too), and thought I would share incase someone with the knowhow and inclination reads it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray Playlist Database0