Nvidia Drivers & Windows
I asked windows to update my graphics card Nvidia driver.. it said 8200 is already there and up to date.

Is this all good then or shall I install a nvidia geforce driver from their website still?
That depends on a few things...
What driver version does windows update give you? Then, what driver version is available from the nVidia website?
This tells you if you have the most up to date driver version.

Should you update to the latest and greatest driver? This is the more relevant question.
A thing to look at is the "change log" for the new driver version on the nVidia website. Sometimes the only change may be newer game profiles. If you are not playing those games then why bother?
On the other hand, if you are troubleshooting problems, or the change log indicates an upgrade on a feature you use... That is a good reason to be a bit ahead of the windows update provided driver. (note: for troubleshooting a "clean install" of the video driver is preferable).
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
how would i do a clean install? uninstall the windows one? i cant find an object how to?
that should google easily but I can steer you to a good source for all things Windows related.
Google up "TGTC" aww hell here: Laughhttp://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

This guy writes for tweaktown and is very comprehensive and "step by step" natured.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
I believe nVidia drivers now give an option to do a clean install when you're installing them- they allow you to remove the previous driver first, I think it's a checkbox that appears. I can't guarantee that they get rid of every remnant, but I do it that way as a matter of course. It used to be the case perhaps 5 years ago that upgrading your graphics card driver could frequently land you with problems, but it's rare now.
this didnt work.

even 480p stuff is stuttering from time to time. i think i have to give up on windows 7 on this machine..
aoaaron Wrote:this didnt work.

even 480p stuff is stuttering from time to time. i think i have to give up on windows 7 on this machine..

what type of files you playing mkv? avi? mp4?
this was avi, the other file was an mkv. lol. Sad
simply go in your Device manager and right-click on your GPU card,
select uninstall
reboot
and re-install the drivers i've linked you too earlier,,,
those are latest ones from Nvidia,,,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Drivers & Windows0