DXVA2 No Audio
I just upgraded from v9.11 to v10.1, not that I really needed to, I was just crossing my fingers hoping that XBMC finally supported CUDA/DXVA. I enabled DXVA2 and tried a few HD videos. They all played perfectly, well.. except that there was no audio on any of them.

For now, I re-enabled my playercorefactory.xml config file which uses MPC-HC for all HD files and that works perfectly (audio and all).

Am I missing something simple or is built-in DXVA support in XBMC still an "experimental" feature?

Thanks!

XBMC Log snippet
AssChin79 Wrote:I just upgraded from v9.11 to v10.1, not that I really needed to, I was just crossing my fingers hoping that XBMC finally supported CUDA/DXVA. I enabled DXVA2 and tried a few HD videos. They all played perfectly, well.. except that there was no audio on any of them.

For now, I re-enabled my playercorefactory.xml config file which uses MPC-HC for all HD files and that works perfectly (audio and all).

Am I missing something simple or is built-in DXVA support in XBMC still an "experimental" feature?

Thanks!

XBMC Log snippet
have you do these- xbmc>system>settings>audio ouput (hdmi)>speaker config to match your lcd speakers>select audio wasapiSadhdmi)
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:have you do these- xbmc>system>settings>audio ouput (hdmi)>speaker config to match your lcd speakers>select audio wasapiSadhdmi)

Thanks for the quick response.

You nailed it. I usually use HDMI for daily TV viewing and on the weekends I use S/PDIF 7.1 surround sound. For whatever reason I guess I have to pick one or the other with the XBMC player.

When I turned on my stereo receiver the movies played back fine so I set the audio to 2-channel 'Default Sound Driver' and the audio kicked in on my TV speakers.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA2 No Audio0