Is it possible to run 2 versions on 1 pc?
I have Dharma installed on my htpc. Is it possible to run a nightly as well on the same machine Not at the same time!) without causing problems?
I've read about portable builds and editing the shortcut properties, but not totally clear on whether this will work - I just want to have a play with a nightly build (and maybe a pvr build) without messing up my current setup. Can I just install a nightly to (say) C:\Program Files\XBMCnightly, edit the shortcut to make it portable and bash away? Or is it more complicated than that?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
atleast this I know that user can run XBMC "portable" where userData is written and created inside xbmc runFolder, not in Windows user own folder structure...
Running portable isolates the UserCofiguration from each xbmc versions to their own runFolders..
xbmc.exe -p is the launch command, alter this to DeskTop icon's properties e.g.

Installer might say something about previous version... Smile
Are there zipped version of compiled Xbmc?
Thanks. I've read about portable mode, just need someone to confirm I'm not going to cause chaos.
On the xbox it's simple - I can run as many versions as I like - in Windows it's all a bit new and scary. Big Grin
just export your current database to be safe Smile
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Thumbs Up 
Thanks. All done, seems to be working properly.
Yes. As stated just run each in portable mode. Then you can run as many versions as you like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to run 2 versions on 1 pc?0