Games folder in XBMC (like apps)
I think there is a place for a games folder inside the main screen (and not as an add-on).Nod
Unlike the launcher that we have today, i think there's should be an option to scan a folder (of folders, like in music and video options), and it would recognize the EXE files, and the ICONS.Shocked

another option, it could just scan a folder of shourtcuts (like i have, a folder named GAMES with all the shortcuts i need to the games), and take their icons as well.

or maybe it just should be a games add-on inside PROGRAMS, but with an ability to change the icons or get the art online...
schpitz Wrote:another option, it could just scan a folder of shourtcuts (like i have, a folder named GAMES with all the shortcuts i need to the games), and take their icons as well.
Advanced Launcher already do this : support .lnk files and automatically scrap games infos, thumbs and fanarts images from internet : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

i know this, but it doesn't work for me so well.
i don't want to use the Cirrus Extended skin, and for unknown reason it doesn't show me the games info (on any skin) or fanarts.
I think XBMC can make an option for hidden games menu (which we could choose to hide/unhide), and in there we could see the games as in library mode (like movies/tv shows), and import media with the existent databases.
schpitz Wrote:i know this, but it doesn't work for me so well.
i don't want to use the Cirrus Extended skin, and for unknown reason it doesn't show me the games info (on any skin) or fanarts.
I think XBMC can make an option for hidden games menu (which we could choose to hide/unhide), and in there we could see the games as in library mode (like movies/tv shows), and import media with the existent databases.
This feature is linked to the skin not to XBMC. If you want to have a Game option into XBMC home menu :
  • create a favorite of your game launcher (from classic launcher, Advanced Launcher or RCB )
  • then into your skin parameters add this favorite as an home item menu.
If your skin do no support the add of custom home item menu, ask to the skin developer to ass this feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games folder in XBMC (like apps)0