Setup library issues
Hello all,
I setup xbmc on win 7 64bit tonight and was frustrated trying to get the 'set content' function to work on my movie folder. Would set the type and scrape info and nothing. I would go back in and everything was set to default (no type or scrape settings).

I setup debug and read the log and this jumped out at me (several pages of this same sequence of events)

Notice: attempting to update the database myvideos34.db from version 25 to 42

Error: SQL : SQL error or missing database
Query: alter table settings add Nonl in stretch bool

Error: error attempting to update the database version!

Error: Can't update the database myvideos34.db from version 25 to 42

So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled version 10.1 Dharma eith no success.

Any help would be appreciated
CitizenK Wrote:.Notice: attempting to update the database myvideos34.db from version 25 to 42

Seems like you have updated Xbmc and the old librarydatabase is not compatible and update fails somehow (quite a version jump..)

1. Export your library
2. remove old xbmc and install fresh new. make sure that the installdir also wiped out.
3. import library.

or.... forget about your old library, reinstall Xbmc and rebuild your library from the scratch..
Is this an upgrade from an earlier version of XBMC? Version 42 is the database version used by v10.1; I'm afraid I can't remember which version of XBMC used database version 25.

JR
I'm not sure about the version that used 25. I installed xbmc a few years ago and never really used it, mostly because i just had a few movies and used VLC. Now that my movie collection has grown, I decided to try again.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled.... what i'd like to do is get rid of this library 25 and start over.

my 'Library Mode' is greyed out so, all i can do is browse the directory/file structure like I do without xbmc. I've tried manually adding a movie, as advised from other threads but, i get the same error msg above. it appears until i can get rid of this old version db i can't scrape and catalog my stuff.

I have no problem going into the registry or whatever is required to make this work.
CitizenK Wrote:My 'Library Mode' is greyed out so, all i can do is browse the directory/file structure like I do without xbmc.

Library in "grayed" out / not there, because it's blank and User havn't added anything.

1. Have your movies in a proper manner, in folders. MovieFile named like in IMDB, e.g. "The Matrix (1999)".
2. Install IMDB plugin from Plugin's menu from Settings.
3. Create a Location to movie rootfolder under "Video/add source".
4. from the Video Fileview right click on the just created movie link and "Set content". Movie = IMDB, AutoRefresh, One folder has one movie..". XBMC start to seek a new content..
5. Library is now created and filled with imdb hits.
CitizenK Wrote:I've already uninstalled and reinstalled.... what i'd like to do is get rid of this library 25 and start over.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata"

(including the quotes) and click OK. This will open an Explorer window showing folders like addon_data, Cache, Database, etc. To completely remove the database delete the Database folder.

If you're upgrading from a much earlier version it might be an idea to delete the entire "%appdata%\xbmc" folder. This will wipe all XBMC settings and will give you a completely fresh start.

After you've deleted the database folder, or the whole "%appdata%\xbmc" folder, you don't need to reinstall XBMC. Just start XBMC and it will create a new Database or "%appdata%\xbmc" with default settings.

JR
Thank you much Realjobe and jhsrennie. All is working well, I just néed to do some tweaking to make thingsnlook perfect now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup library issues0