No WOL through D-Link Switch DGS1024D
I am really battling to get this to work.

I have an MSI E350IA-E45 mobo and a Dlink DSG-1024D switch. For the life of me I cannot get WOL to work.

I have set the BIOS to accept wol packets, but I think that my switch is at fault.

I have read the it is an unmanaged switch with green link technology which switches off ports that aren't been utilized.
ALso because it is a layer 1 switch it won't pass magic packets through.

I am not sure if this is correct or not.

Please can someone help me here.

Regards
I have mine through a switch with green technology and it works fine. Are you able to try it without the switch as a test?
LakersFan Wrote:I have mine through a switch with green technology and it works fine. Are you able to try it without the switch as a test?

Got a hub i can try. will check

Is yours a managed switch?
I have a trendnet green switch (unmanaged). WOL does not work with it. That's what you get for a $19 switch Smile
I have an unmanaged switch - Trendnet TEG-S80g GREENnet switch. Two of them, actually. It works fine on for me.

It goes from upstairs PC through switch, to the router, through the other switch and to the XBMC...
Hmm. I have 5 port trendnet. No wol. I should have got the 8 port i guess Sad
Please forgive me if this is rudimentary, but do you have the correct physical address on the PC you want to wake up?
Here's what I did:
On the PC I wanted to wake up (my XBMC), I went to the Start menu and typed cmd in the bottom search area. When the command prompt opened, I typed "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. Scroll up to find your network adapter, then look for the physical address.

Now, go to another PC. I'm not sure what software you're using to wake you PC. I keep it simple and use mc-wol. I put that in a folder by itself. Then I created a batch file within that folder.
To create the batch file:
Right click within the folder, click New, Text Document
Then type "mc-wol 00:1F:E2:56:5A:D9" without the quotes, except use YOUR physical address, not mine. ;)
To save the file, Click File, Save As and when the dialogue opens, click the 'Save As Type' to 'All Files' and for file name, put XBMC.bat. Make sure you add the .bat to the end.

After saving the file, try it out to se if it works...
Yeah, wol used to work for me when i was just going thru my 54wrtgl. There are many feedbacks on newegg that the 5 port trendnet does not support wol. I do see there is a newer model that might work.
Man, that would suck. Maybe I have a newer version? I can't imagine the amount of ports matter...

Sorry, man. I tried. Smile
No worries. I bought them a year ago. Its rare that i need wol anyway. Its nice to have tho.
OK, I connected my PC and laptop on a separate network with an alcheapo hub and I got WOL to work - even from a totally switch off state.

There was one setting in the BIOS that I changed (can't quite remember now)
and it works

Connected everything back to my DGS1024D and also WOL works, even from my wireless laptop connection.

SO I am really stoked.

Thanks for the pointers
Glad you got it working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No WOL through D-Link Switch DGS1024D0