Commands missing from files view
Sad 
Hello all.

I recently reinstalled XBMC after redoing my PC at home. Currently using version 10.1 on Windows 7.

I've discovered that the Add source option in the files view (under videos) is missing.

I checked in the options that the show ad sources option was checked and it is, but it's still not showing up.

i tried adding through file manager and while i CAN add sources that way, it doesnt allow me to set the content type and therefore it doesn't show up as content at all.

This has completely stumped me - i currently have an empty xbmc because i cant point correctly to the content. My guess is it's probably something very simple that I'm missing.

Anyone else have this problem before? Sad
Star 
User settings>Appearance>File Lists>Show 'Add source' buttons in file lists
Is it in the 'Context Menu'? 'C' on the keyboard? Post a screenshot of the window with the menu open as well, if you can.
while browsing the files menu, press your backspace key as far as you can before you return to the home menu, in theory it should be the last screen before you are put back in the home menu.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Are you in Library mode? Go into Videos and press the left arrow to open the popout pane. Check that library mode is disabled.

JR
give me a few minutes and I'll pop up some screenshots for you guys to look at but...

I am not in Library mode and "Show Add Source" is already checked in options.
Update:

Havent got a screenie yet but the problem is less annoying than it was. I've discovered that if i close XBMC and reload it again the options appear, long enough for me to add new sources at least.

They disappear again after a while and i have to reload if i want to use those commands.

To clarify - where "Add source" and "Video Add-ons" usually is, all i get is a ".." option that does nothing if i select it.

So strange.
guisettings.xml in "Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\" is probably corrupted then.
The strange thing is: it's a new install and it shouldnt be corrupt. I'll try installing the whole thing again perhaps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commands missing from files view0