Solved Separate multi-artist tags to artists
You can have more than one artist tag in a MP3 tag. To seperate a single artist tag (with multiple artists) into several tags (one per artist) you can use a script in MP3tag or MusicBee which does this by default whenever you (re)write tags.
XBMC reads all the artist tags, not just the first, so it displays them correctly.

For genres and styles it works the same way.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Hi all. This thread might be of some use to you as it deals with the same issue, which has now been resolved.
Best solution is to tag files with " / " or wait for jarvis and tag your files with musicbrainz
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
This is fine for people who use mp3 but there doesn't apparently exist a fix for people using formats like m4a

Edit: Apologies I'd been looking for a solution for m4a for months for this, it seems that the problem was that i had tagged a great deal of my music years before learning of MusicBrainz Picard (which tags things properly) and had been using MP3Tag to manually edit my Artist tag. Now I've stumbled across this, which explains properly tagging (using MusicBrainz Picard does this automatically) a good deal of formats.
Glad the wiki was of help Wink
Also worth knowing that v17 allows for multiple artist name separators to be added to advancedsettings.xml, so you can specify " feat. " and " vs. " as separators. This may be useful for those that have not tagged their music files with musicbrainz id tags

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate multi-artist tags to artists1