• 2(current)
.mkv stuttering playback??
mindweaver Wrote:Have you installed XBMC Dharma 10.1 or one of the new nighly builds? Because I have noticed stuttering on 720p mkv in the nightlies what were not there in 10.1.

I have some stuttering with nightlies too and not with 10.1.. Do you know if this will be fixed or it stay like this?Sad

Thanks
therrookiee Wrote:I have some stuttering with nightlies too and not with 10.1.. Do you know if this will be fixed or it stay like this?Sad

Thanks
you can try the guides on post #11
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:you can try the guides on post #11

hi, yes, I've tried that..

what i mean exactly, i have something like mini stuttering..
1 frame drop every 4 minutes or so while playing movie..

i have this with 30mbps 1080p movie and its same with 4mbps movie..

with dxva enabled, my cpu is working on 4-10% max with 1080p movie...

i dont have this problem with xbmc 10.1 and i can play 40mbps original 3d bluray with tmt without 1 frame drop.

my htpc specs are :

mobo : asus m2n-x plus
cpu : AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6 GHz (5000+)
graphic : AMD HD 6570
hdd 1 : Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
hdd 2 : 3TB WD green - wd30ezrx
ram : 4gb ddr2
sound : creative x-fi

I've reinstalled xbmc with 10.1 again and problem dissapeared..

and btw, i have clean install of win 7 sp1 running maybe for 4 days..

is this beceause its still nightly build or problem is with my htpc?

thanks
therrookiee Wrote:hi, yes, I've tried that..

what i mean exactly, i have something like mini stuttering..
1 frame drop every 4 minutes or so while playing movie..

i have this with 30mbps 1080p movie and its same with 4mbps movie..

with dxva enabled, my cpu is working on 4-10% max with 1080p movie...

i dont have this problem with xbmc 10.1 and i can play 40mbps original 3d bluray with tmt without 1 frame drop.

my htpc specs are :

mobo : asus m2n-x plus
cpu : AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6 GHz (5000+)
graphic : AMD HD 6570
hdd 1 : Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
hdd 2 : 3TB WD green - wd30ezrx
ram : 4gb ddr2
sound : creative x-fi

I've reinstalled xbmc with 10.1 again and problem dissapeared..

and btw, i have clean install of win 7 sp1 running maybe for 4 days..

is this beceause its still nightly build or problem is with my htpc?

thanks
it's not your htpc, and it's not pre-eden either. it's all relates to video and audio configuraiton/settings. after you get these two configure correctly, it will playback fluently.

if there is a problem, you can turn on debug to find out the symptom!
bluray Wrote:it's not your htpc, and it's not pre-eden either. it's all relates to video and audio configuraiton/settings. after you get these two configure correctly, it will playback fluently.

if there is a problem, you can turn on debug to find out the symptom!

ok, i was playing with settings until now and still no help.

ill try to debug later today or tomorrow.

anyway its weird, beceause with 10.1 without any settings everything runs flawlessly, just with dxva enabled.

thanks
Unless there is a compelling to reason to use a developmental build - use 10.1 if it isn't giving you any problems. Why you would want to use anything other than a build that doesn't give you problems is beyond me?
steelman1991 Wrote:Unless there is a compelling to reason to use a developmental build - use 10.1 if it isn't giving you any problems. Why you would want to use anything other than a build that doesn't give you problems is beyond me?
here is the compelling reason- it's dts-hd/truehd playback is what some of us after. dharma 10.1 is not supporting it. i'm using the pre-eden on 4 htpc's that i built for a while, and it works flawless. it is identical to dharma 10.1 with the ability to passthrough dts-hd/truehd and all other audios to capable avr without the messy external player playercorefactory and advancesetting.
LOL - he hasn't even indicated that your 'build' is being used. According to the poster he's using 'nightlies'. For Pete's sake break the record and I wish you would lose the ability to use cut and paste as well. Its clear your happy with HD Audio playback, but at least read threads before you offer assistance. We don't even know if the user has a 'capable avr' so why are you offering advice on that matter - the poster hasn't even mentioned that he needs/wants HD Audio.

There is a reason devs and others are not offering assistance, because nightlies are developmental and Audio HD builds aren't supported at this time.

Did you compile these builds you so freely give. Are you able to support these builds should there be an issue, or is cut and paste the level of your expertise.
steelman1991 Wrote:Unless there is a compelling to reason to use a developmental build - use 10.1 if it isn't giving you any problems. Why you would want to use anything other than a build that doesn't give you problems is beyond me?

i was doing translation for aeon mq3 skin which is running on a new build only.. i've tried this new build on my gaming pc and it runs ok there..

so probably my htpc cant take this, but 10.1 is ok?
my htpc specs are a few posts before.
i've tried to run a new build with my old hdd with another win7 install and i still have the same problem.

i dont get it..
cpu is max on 4-10% with dxva enabled.

sound is going through hdmi to the tv in my room without any receiver..
analog - 2 channels

ill place htpc to my living room after it will be working on 100%.

i've tried to turn off sound going through hdmi and turned on my sound card and problem still persist.

edit : i am using build from 8.27.11 : http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

thanks
steelman1991 Wrote:LOL - he hasn't even indicated that your 'build' is being used. According to the poster he's using 'nightlies'. For Pete's sake break the record and I wish you would lose the ability to use cut and paste as well. Its clear your happy with HD Audio playback, but at least read threads before you offer assistance. We don't even know if the user has a 'capable avr' so why are you offering advice on that matter - the poster hasn't even mentioned that he needs/wants HD Audio.

There is a reason devs and others are not offering assistance, because nightlies are developmental and Audio HD builds aren't supported at this time.

Did you compile these builds you so freely give. Are you able to support these builds should there be an issue, or is cut and paste the level of your expertise.
regardless of what xbmc he/she use, the video settings are very similar. if i change to any other setting other than what i mentioned in my guides, i'll have problem with video playback too. as far as hd audio- if the user avr is not capable of playback hd audio, he/she still can playback all the standard audio. Cool
Whatever No
hey guys stop it, i love you all Wink
help me please somehow..

ill try to change my gpu + unplug wifi card + soundcard and we will see.. Confused
therrookiee Wrote:ill try to change my gpu + unplug wifi card + soundcard and we will see.. Confused
since it works fine with dharma 10.1, i don't think that it is the cause. you might be able to find out what cause it by turn on debug log!
Debug log?

JR
ok, looks like its working for me now..

I just needed to set up >

SYNC PLAYBACK TO DISPLAY : VIDEO CLOCK (DROP/DUPE AUDIO)
USE A FULLSCREEN WINDOW RATHER THAN TRUE FULLSCREEN : DISABLED
AUDIO OUTPUT : HDMI
AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE : DIRECTSOUND: HDMI

if one of this things is incorrect i have 'mini' stuttering..
its still weird, beceause i dont need to do anything with 10.1.

do you still want my debug log?
if yes, then ill paste it here.

and if this 'mini' stuttering happens again, ill let you know.

someone know why i have this issues?

thanks again to everyone
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.mkv stuttering playback??0