• 2(current)
My HTPC-build
Offcourse that ace polly case isnt awailable in Norway anymoreOo

What about that Apex MI-008 case? Does my components fit in that? Maybe Il try out EbaySmile
unsure of what??
joeranjensen Wrote:Hey backSmile
Your links doesnt work... Bad request

Sorry, check this..

Case:SILVERSTONE Sugo SG05-B
$99(Fry's)

MOBO:ZOTAC H67ITX-C-E LGA 1155
$109(Fry's, after mail in rebate)

GPU:ZOTAC ZT-50603-10L GeForce GT 520

CPU(Per Aggressive Recommendations):Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz

RAM:CORSAIR XMS3 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Quote:unsure of what??

Unsure of what to choose. If you say I wouldnt see the difference in XBMC between my shoppinglist and your suggested parts, then I go for your suggestion. But if I can get a little better experience with a quicker and more silent system, then I think its worth that extra 100$.
The reason why I will order 2x2gb ram is because the 2x1gb kit is sold out and the difference in price isnt noticeable.

Im sorry, but its hard for me to decideSmile
CpTHOOK Wrote:Sorry, check this..

Case:SILVERSTONE Sugo SG05-B
$99(Fry's)

MOBO:ZOTAC H67ITX-C-E LGA 1155
$109(Fry's, after mail in rebate)

GPU:ZOTAC ZT-50603-10L GeForce GT 520

CPU(Per Aggressive Recommendations):Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz

RAM:CORSAIR XMS3 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

The first time I saw that case, I didnt like it very much. But now when Ive seen it a couple of times I think its ok, not beautiful but ok. And its cheap. What do you think of that case now after you have used it for some time?
joeranjensen Wrote:The first time I saw that case, I didnt like it very much. But now when Ive seen it a couple of times I think its ok, not beautiful but ok. And its cheap. What do you think of that case now after you have used it for some time?
one of these should be fine- SILVERSTONE Sugo SG05-B or APEX MI-008
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:one of these should be fine- SILVERSTONE Sugo SG05-B or APEX MI-008

The one that I like most of those two is the Apex MI-008, but I cant find that in any norwegian stores. If I buy it on Ebay I get it for 44.99$ plus shipping 99.70$ plus taxes 25%. It ends up at 180$. I feel thats to expencive.

The silverstone sg05 I can get for 120$, from a Norwegian store.

What to choose??
joeranjensen Wrote:The one that I like most of those two is the Apex MI-008, but I cant find that in any norwegian stores. If I buy it on Ebay I get it for 44.99$ plus shipping 99.70$ plus taxes 25%. It ends up at 180$. I feel thats to expencive.

What to choose??
in that case, silverstone for $120 is the best deal.
bluray Wrote:in that case, silverstone for $120 is the best deal.

yes, I think Il order thatSmile

One thing left to sort out then, what IR reciever to choose for a Harmony One
joeranjensen Wrote:Unsure of what to choose. If you say I wouldnt see the difference in XBMC between my shoppinglist and your suggested parts, then I go for your suggestion. But if I can get a little better experience with a quicker and more silent system, then I think its worth that extra 100$.
The reason why I will order 2x2gb ram is because the 2x1gb kit is sold out and the difference in price isnt noticeable.

Im sorry, but its hard for me to decideSmile

If you only use XBMC you will not notice a lot of difference between the G620(T) and the i3-2100T. For ripping blu-ray, you will have a faster ripping with the i3 of course.

If money is not a problem, just go with the i3+GT520 and you'll be quite happy. However, if you seldom rip blu-ray, it might not worth it to pay more... anyway, in both case, you'll be satisfied.
joeranjensen Wrote:yes, I think Il order thatSmile

One thing left to sort out then, what IR reciever to choose for a Harmony One
i use this- OEM HP MCE KIT REMOTE CONTROL/USB IR RECEIVER/EMITTER and you can buy just the ir too!
joeranjensen Wrote:The one that I like most of those two is the Apex MI-008, but I cant find that in any norwegian stores. If I buy it on Ebay I get it for 44.99$ plus shipping 99.70$ plus taxes 25%. It ends up at 180$. I feel thats to expencive.

What to choose??

From memory, you can find the Apex under a re-branded name in Europe.
if your afraid of the G620, then go for the i3...
Now Ive tried Ebay for the first timeSmile I did find the APEX MI-008 case for 107,45usd(included shipping) + taxes (the same price as the silverstone case in Norway) allso bought the HP IR-reciever + remotecontroll for 15usd Included shipping and taxes.
Now I just hope everything shows upSmile

Quote:if your afraid of the G620, then go for the i3...

Actually Ive finally decided to buy the stuff you recommended (hopes everything will fit in the APEX MI-008 case)

To all of you, Thanks for your time!! Its been a great help. Next ting is to get all of this up and running. Plug and pray, isnt it??
wait a sec,,,,

i never said all will fit!

However i dont see problems,,,,,

3 things u need to check...

#1, apex case is recommanded to buy an 120mm silen fan with it...
because CPU cooler will sit right under the PSU and a FAN will prevent
over heating.,,, ask bluray, he can even show u pic of where to put the fan,,,,

#2, dont buy that 80mm fan since your not buying the Polly case,,,

#3. we need to make sure that the FanLess cooling on the GPU card will fit in the case,,,
im trying to find pictures of the card but so far,
none i see can confirm me how wide it is,,,,
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My HTPC-build0