HD Video
Hi,

all is working fine but on HD Channels CPU goes up to 100%.
SD Channels work ok with 19% CPU.

What's wrong ?
It seems you don't have a hardware decoder and/or deinterlacer. (vdpau or vaapi)
Ok, what can i do ? It is my old Notebook (Dell d610, 2,2Ghz, i915 GPU)
Without a graphic card capable of doing the decoding and deinterlacing stuff, I don't think you can have a descent quality on HD channels.

In my case, HD channels are in H264 1080i format so I need to decode the H264 stream AND deinterlace it and I can't use the best deinterlacer because my card hasn't enough power ! (Nvidia GTX 460).
EkASs Wrote:In my case, HD channels are in H264 1080i format so I need to decode the H264 stream AND deinterlace it and I can't use the best deinterlacer because my card hasn't enough power ! (Nvidia GTX 460).

With GT220 you can use temporal/spatial on 1080i@50. A GTX 460 has much more power than a GT220. What problems do you observe with regard on de-interlacing?
The GTX460 can play 1080i with full temporal/spacial but it's not smooth when there is a lot of movement.

nvidia-smi doesn't report the GPU load anymore, I can't know the load and if the problem came from the GPU load.

I prefer a worse deinterlacer and have smoother movement. Without the deinterlacer (1080p), the GTX460 is really good.
One more thing. Previously, I used vdr with xineliboutput and with it, I can play 1080i with full temporal/spacial (temporal/spacial x 2 in xinelibouput).

xineliboutput use less gpu power but xbmc is more robust. With xinelibout, I have some caveats with some stream. An example, when a channel provider changed his encoder, the stream became unwatchable. They still used mpeg2 but some change in the encoding made xineliboutput unable the read it correctly.

Weird, isn't it ?
xineliboutput doesn't use OpenGL, XBMC does. I have seen all those issues you are describing. I have been working on this for quite a while. It's still experimental and will take a while until I can submit this for review. Regarding hw you don't need more power than GT430 for high quality de-interlacing of HD material.
FernetMenta Wrote:I have seen all those issues you are describing. I have been working on this for quite a while.

Do you have a github branch of the master version of xbmc-pvr with your work ? I'll like to try it Smile .
EkASs Wrote:Do you have a github branch of the master version of xbmc-pvr with your work ? I'll like to try it Smile .

https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/tree/output
Currently it's a big construction site. You might want to wait a couple of days until I got it stable again. Then it will become my master branch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Video0