• 11(current)
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
Eliah Wrote:Ok, I respect the fact that you have alot to do Big GrinAnd i would rather you do something you like then help me Nod
Just wanted to check that i hadn't done something stupid..
BTW, The log is full and uncut, i had just rebooted the box. though i't would say something like DEBUG: starting Airplay Big Grin

Thanks for the help so far, and no hard feelings if you don't have the time to answer this Rolleyes

His log is in post #144 Memphiz.

Elilah, I think Memph was referring to your posting of the guisettings.xml, perhaps he missed your log post?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:His log is in post #144 Memphiz.

Elilah, I think Memph was referring to your posting of the guisettings.xml, perhaps he missed your log post?

yep ... i got that one. It doesn't look complete to me. This is it or what? Just get a new nightly -airplay is definitly in there. And if you see the option for activating it, but it is not then something is wrong on your setup. Maybe some offending addon or the devil knows.

You could temporarly move the userdata folder away and see if that helps. Also i suggest to deactivate the native AirPlay on the AppleTV2 when using the XBMC integration.

And yes in the Debug Log there hase to be something about AIRPLAY and AIRTUNES ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz,

I need your assistance. I just can't get airplay to work with XBMC. I'm convinced it's not a problem on the XBMC side. (I can't connect to XBMC running locally on my MBP either, from iTunes on the MBP).

XBMC-ATV@Apple-TV only shows with a Video symbol. I can see and try to select but it won't.

XBMC@MBP shows as a speaker symbol, but it can't be selected either.

All I see in the MBP logs is this:

Code:
22/11/11 12:55:13.201 PM iTunes: _AMDDeviceDetached (thread 0x115657000): Device 'AMDevice 0x7fd499ae89c0 {UDID = c0c51cb9cebd901da5f98e6c06cd4c62652c388a, device ID = 48, FullServiceName = 58:1f:aa:ae:e3:5b@fe80::5a1f:aaff:feae:e35b._apple-mobdev._tcp.local.}' detached.
22/11/11 12:55:13.203 PM iTunes: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff791cf960): Unexpected connection closure...

Have you got any ideas on where to look? It's got me stumped.

*bump*

Cranial Wrote:Memphiz,

I need your assistance. I just can't get airplay to work with XBMC. I'm convinced it's not a problem on the XBMC side. (I can't connect to XBMC running locally on my MBP either, from iTunes on the MBP).

XBMC-ATV@Apple-TV only shows with a Video symbol. I can see and try to select but it won't.

XBMC@MBP shows as a speaker symbol, but it can't be selected either.

All I see in the MBP logs is this:

Code:
22/11/11 12:55:13.201 PM iTunes: _AMDDeviceDetached (thread 0x115657000): Device 'AMDevice 0x7fd499ae89c0 {UDID = c0c51cb9cebd901da5f98e6c06cd4c62652c388a, device ID = 48, FullServiceName = 58:1f:aa:ae:e3:5b@fe80::5a1f:aaff:feae:e35b._apple-mobdev._tcp.local.}' detached.
22/11/11 12:55:13.203 PM iTunes: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff791cf960): Unexpected connection closure...

Have you got any ideas on where to look? It's got me stumped.

i didn't get your setup - but if this is about using itunes as a client then you have to disable ipv6 on that mashine...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:i didn't get your setup - but if this is about using itunes as a client then you have to disable ipv6 on that mashine...

Sorry.

I'm running XBMC on the ATV2 as my main HT box. It's connected to my local network.

iTunes (10.5.1) is running on my MBP (10.7.2) and I'm trying to airplay from this to the ATV2 running XBMC.

I can see the XBMC@ATV, it has a little TV symbol next to it. When I select it, it immediately reverts to the computer, and won't send.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Okay, I've turned off ipv6 on my MBP.

Had to do this via terminal with the command:

networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi

(substitute "Wi-Fi" for "Ethernet" or whatever adapter you wish to turn it off on).

I'll see how it goes when I get home.

should work now with ipv6off (no clue what that issue is tbh) ... at least for music ... i've never got movies airplayed from itunes to xbmc ... you could also google for airflick which lets you airplay movies and pictures and even pdfs to xbmc ...
Memphiz Wrote:should work now with ipv6off (no clue what that issue is tbh) ... at least for music ... i've never got movies airplayed from itunes to xbmc ... you could also google for airflick which lets you airplay movies and pictures and even pdfs to xbmc ...

Well, Memphiz, you're a champion.

It's working a treat now, music AND video. (Only tested some iTunesU video so far).

Didn't need to try Airflick.

So, ATV2 standard AirTunes works with ipv6 switched on, but XBMC on the ATV2 doesn't.

Is this because XBMC hasn't got ipv6 implementation or is it just a dodgy ipv6 in Lion problem?

Running Ubuntu 11.10 and latest build of Eden. Airplayer works fine but Airtunes does not. Can someone point me to a thread on how to install libshairport? See error below. In the meantime I will search and attempt myself. Also given the error below, is that my issue, no libshairport?

http://pastebin.com/217KQpHB

ERROR: Unable to load libshairport.so.0, reason: libshairport.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
22:16:24 T:3676688 DEBUG: Dll libshairport.so.0 was not found in path
22:16:24 T:3676688 ERROR: Failed to start AirTunes Server
22:16:24 T:3676688 DEBUG: CLastfmScrobbler: Clearing session.
22:16:24 T:3676688 DEBUG:

Thanks
Govnah Wrote:Running Ubuntu 11.10 and latest build of Eden. Airplayer works fine but Airtunes does not. Can someone point me to a thread on how to install libshairport? See error below. In the meantime I will search and attempt myself. Also given the error below, is that my issue, no libshairport?

http://pastebin.com/217KQpHB

ERROR: Unable to load libshairport.so.0, reason: libshairport.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
22:16:24 T:3676688 DEBUG: Dll libshairport.so.0 was not found in path
22:16:24 T:3676688 ERROR: Failed to start AirTunes Server
22:16:24 T:3676688 DEBUG: CLastfmScrobbler: Clearing session.
22:16:24 T:3676688 DEBUG:

Thanks

Yep - libshairport is missing is your problem here ...
Can anyone point me to a thread on how to install libshairport? I have installed GIT on my XBMC box no idea on how to use GIT. Guess I will be doing some reading and learning tonight.

Thanks
yeah and better read in the right forum (aka http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=52) - this forum here is about ios (iphone/ipod/ipad/appletv2) and not linux.
Question regarding streaming from Android Device to XBMC on ATV2 is something like that posible from youtube and just regular videos on Android phone/tablet ?
Running since XBMP
yeah you need the right android app to do it (not only airplay - also possible via upnp). No clue how the right apps are called (don't have android stuff).
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.260