OCZ 60GB SSD on sale @ newegg.com
OCZ Vertex Plus OCZSSD2-1VTXPL60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

49.99 after MIR w/ free shipping...
No promo code needed.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
That's impressive! However, I won't go near another OCZ drive... I haven't had trouble with the OCZ rebates in the past, just the hardware...

Thanks for the post!
Kirky99 Wrote:I won't go near another OCZ drive..

+1, not even if it was free Tongue
I thank you for the post... however, the drive has bad newegg reviews, no amazon reviews, and only 90mb/s write speeds. I would love an SSD, but will be skipping this drive.
SSD wise, i'd stick with INTEL / KINGSTON / CORSAIR
I would happily accept one for FREE, but there is no way I would PAY for it.

Deceptive Business Practice - they tried to scam customers with selling 25 nm flash NAND as 34 nm and got caught red handed.
( Google - ocz ssd scandal . See for yourself, you decide)

Poor Quality Control - The Company I work for purchased 10 Vertex2 drives. 2 were DOA. Eventually ALL of the drives failed and were replaced, some of the replacements were DOA. All told, 25 drives, 100% failure rate. The IT director almost lost his job because of it. He now purchased 5 Intel, and 5 Corsair drives and for the last 2 months has been problem free.

Poor Customer Service - The RMA process from OCZ is jumping thru alot of hoops, emailing back and forth waiting for approval. Telephone support is (was) non existent. You mail the defective drive to California and the replacement is sent "direct from the factory" in Taiwan. Some replacements took a month to receive.

I personally had a Vertex2 drive and it's replacement fail. I grew tired of playing around with them and asked for a Agility2 as a replacement. No problem with it for the past 7 months.

My personal opinion of OCZ - the retailers are their customers, not the end user. Buyer (end user) beware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OCZ 60GB SSD on sale @ newegg.com0