Playback Failed
Hi, I am very new to XBMC. I added XBMC to my jailbroken Apple tv2 4.2.2and added "add ons". I don't understand why most of my add on will not play. Is this normal. For example, I added Blue cop and loaded Free Cable. From there I loaded The CW. Then Loaded up Smallville. When I try to play smallville it says "working" at the bottom right but goes back to the XBMC menu, I try again and it says "Playback Failed, One or more items failed to play, check the log files for details". I try this on several add ons, not just Blue cop and get the same error. Is this normal? Could someone explain? Thanks - Ron <><
ronmcse Wrote:Hi, I am very new to XBMC. I added XBMC to my jailbroken Apple tv2 4.2.2and added "add ons". I don't understand why most of my add on will not play. Is this normal. For example, I added Blue cop and loaded Free Cable. From there I loaded The CW. Then Loaded up Smallville. When I try to play smallville it says "working" at the bottom right but goes back to the XBMC menu, I try again and it says "Playback Failed, One or more items failed to play, check the log files for details". I try this on several add ons, not just Blue cop and get the same error. Is this normal? Could someone explain? Thanks - Ron <><

Posting some details and logs might help
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
Hello,
Got the same issues. It's only when i play anything thats splitted into multiple .rar archives. It works one of ten tries. But if i extract the file then it works fine.
The files are stored on my Windows NAS along with the MySQL database. I have tried with SMB shares and NFS shares. The files are sfv checked and are fine.

Pasting the log where it attempts to start "2 fast 2 furious" and "9". Dont know what it's doing with the other titles.
http://pastebin.com/39QE7H3F

It has been like this for a while. Can't tell if it started with a specific nightly as i update often
bananen Wrote:Hello,
Got the same issues. It's only when i play anything thats splitted into multiple .rar archives. It works one of ten tries. But if i extract the file then it works fine.
The files are stored on my Windows NAS along with the MySQL database. I have tried with SMB shares and NFS shares. The files are sfv checked and are fine.

Pasting the log where it attempts to start "2 fast 2 furious" and "9". Dont know what it's doing with the other titles.
http://pastebin.com/39QE7H3F

It has been like this for a while. Can't tell if it started with a specific nightly as i update often

Compressed rars won't work. They also won't save any realistic space. There's also no rational reason to keep a movie file in separate rar files. The solution for you is to unrar the movies :)
Ned Scott Wrote:Compressed rars won't work. They also won't save any realistic space. There's also no rational reason to keep a movie file in separate rar files. The solution for you is to unrar the movies Smile

why does it work sometimes then? compressed xvid's works better

EDIT: I believe that this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108773 is related as i also experience the 30sec+ loading times on compressed content
bananen Wrote:why does it work sometimes then? compressed xvid's works better

EDIT: I believe that this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108773 is related as i also experience the 30sec+ loading times on compressed content

It depends on how much CPU power is required and how much CPU power the ATV2 can provide. However, like I said before, keeping movies in multiple rar'ed files instead of un-rar'ing them as a single file is just silly.

Movies get split up into multiple rar files for one reason only, to bypass upload size limits on places like Usenet. They're not meant to stay that way.
Ned: i'm totally aware of why they are splitted. Extracting them is not a solution for me. I want to know the resaon why it sometimes doesnt work.
Can anyone else confirm that this is a cpu issue?
you think ned scott is lying? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:you think ned scott is lying? Wink

No, i think it makes sense but i don't want to believe it since i already bought two atv2 Sad. now i have to wait for atv3 or replace it with a htpc... if there isn't any way to replace ios with something more lightweight that are able to run xbmc?
bananen Wrote:No, i think it makes sense but i don't want to believe it since i already bought two atv2 Sad. now i have to wait for atv3 or replace it with a htpc... if there isn't any way to replace ios with something more lightweight that are able to run xbmc?

no. unrar or find another solution.
Not to be rude, what on earth could possibly be preventing you from un-rar'ing those movies?
Ned, Davilla and Mephiz. Just wanted to let you know that the nsthread fix in recent nightly did some other magical stuff aswell....

Peace out
Sorry been away for awhile, Today I restored my Apple TV2 to Factory, then used Season pass from firecore.com and jailbroke the ATV2, then used ATVFlash beta 7 black from firecore.com to install XBMC. I added the bluecop repo then added Amazon. I added my username and password for Amazon under configure, but every video I try to play gives me an error "Playback failed" one or more files could not start, check the log files.

http://yourpaste.net/9193/

there is the log file. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Install the latest nightly build. Lots of fixes have been added since the last Cydia/repo build. See here.
Ned Scott Wrote:Install the latest nightly build. Lots of fixes have been added since the last Cydia/repo build. See here.

Thank you so much! That worked like a charm!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Failed0