Problem with playback
Tried watching a 1080p film (mkv file) on my Acer Revo (Win 7 installed) - it slows down and goes out of sync.

However I've played the same film through VLC on the same PC and it plays fine.

Is there anything I can do with XBMC to make playback go at the correct speed.
try to turn on dxva in video settings if you can or if you havent already..
Thanks, but yeah I checked those settings, just wondered what else it could be.
stepea Wrote:Tried watching a 1080p film (mkv file) on my Acer Revo (Win 7 installed) - it slows down and goes out of sync.

However I've played the same film through VLC on the same PC and it plays fine.

Is there anything I can do with XBMC to make playback go at the correct speed.

i'm not sure what graphic card you have but chance are you have one of these cards. if you haven't update the latest catalyst control center/nvidia control center, you can update it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software/NVIDIA Driver Downloads. you need to adjust your hdtv resolution in the catalyst control center (Output to TV via HDMI port) to fill in the entire screen, and in catalyst control center do these- video settings>video playback>set it to enforce smooth video playback. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in catalyst). for audio in xbmc, do these: system>settings>system>audio output (select proper audio output to match your connection).
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Graphics card is an Nvidia Ion, played 1080p files in the past without any problems.
stepea Wrote:Graphics card is an Nvidia Ion, played 1080p files in the past without any problems.
it's possible that something have been updated and it messed up the settings. if there is an option in nvidia control center, do these- video settings>video playback>set it to enforce smooth video playback. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in nvidia). for audio in xbmc, do these: system>settings>system>audio output (select proper audio output to match your connection).
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
stepea Wrote:Tried watching a 1080p film (mkv file) on my Acer Revo (Win 7 installed) - it slows down and goes out of sync.

We need to see a debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, then close and reopen XBMC. Play the video long enough for the sync problem to be noticable, then stop the video and close XBMC. Post the debug log on pastebin.com for us to have a look at.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Thanks, got the debug log - having problems pasting it to pastebin.com

these are just a few of the lines which says error

12:08:44 T:3484 M:1863196672 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 1280 x 720
12:08:44 T:3484 M:1863196672 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 300 x 63
12:08:44 T:3484 M:1863196672 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 1280 x 720
12:08:44 T:3484 M:1863188480 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 300 x 63
Those lines don't help I'm afraid. What's the problem with pastebin.com?

JR
pastebin.com working fine today

link

http://pastebin.com/wpixj1n9

Thanks
removed and placed in a new thread
removed and placed in a new thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with playback0