New HTPC and NAS - help spend my money!
well, you cant really do more then what u did,
u might need to RMA the card,,,

but if u have another PC,
you could try the card there and see if u get detection,,,
I just noticed this, didn't realize you were talking bout me lol
I also just found the few pictures I took after assembly, I will try to post them.
The PSU is in a total separate compartment than the DVD on that case. I think what Eskro might be remembering: I had difficulty getting the top of the case on over the DVD drive. I had to do a little bending. Or Perhaps he thought you meant the smaller Silverstone case with the 80mm fans? That one does require a certain size power supply to fit the optical drive.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
dfis4 Wrote:Guys, I'm glad to say I got it all put together and it all fits. Thanks for all the feedback Smile

Windows 7 is not recognizing my GT430 graphics card
perhap, it's doa!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
DOHH! I didn't notice the part about the graphics card. Check your BIOS settings? Is it set to CPU graphics or is the PCIe disabled?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
"INIT DISPLAY FIRST" is set to "PCI x16" - other option is "PCI"

"ONBOARD VGA" is set to "Enable If No Ext PEG" - other option is "Always Enable"

Do I have these set correctly?
We have a few QNAP products where I work and they've been nothing but trouble. Their support is absolutely wretched as well.

Anecdotal as all hell, sure. Just tossing it out there. I'd build my own were I you.
dfis4 Wrote:"INIT DISPLAY FIRST" is set to "PCI x16"

thats fine, u might have a DOA GPU,,,

or a DOA PCIe 2.0 x16 Slot, which its extremely rare,,,

like i said, if u had another PC where u could stick the GPU card in,
just to see,,,
Just had a look at the specs....it recommends a 450w supply. I have a 430w supply in my htpc. Could this be the cause? The fan also spins fine on the card.

Haven't had a chance to test on another computer as everyone I know has a laptop!
outatouch0 Wrote:DOHH! I didn't notice the part about the graphics card. Check your BIOS settings? Is it set to CPU graphics or is the PCIe disabled?
as far as I know the presence of the new gpu in the pcie slot will override the igpu. if it is not, you can do the following-

1. turn pc off
2. stick the new gpu in
3. boot into bios and if you have the option, disable onboard or select pcie as primary graphics adaptor,
4. boot into windows and it will detect the hardware
5. just follow the screen from there, and you might need to put driver disk into the drive if windows 'cant' find the driver online (doubtful)
dfis4 Wrote:Just had a look at the specs....it recommends a 450w supply. I have a 430w supply in my htpc. Could this be the cause? The fan also spins fine on the card.

Haven't had a chance to test on another computer as everyone I know has a laptop!
430w is plenty...my gt430 is fine in the mini-itx case with 250w.

3D Power Draw
yeah the Wattage required for GPU's are often misleading,,,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC and NAS - help spend my money!0