Total noob - Library mode not listing all titles
I have been struggling with viewing all titles in library mode.

Situation:

10.1 on Win64
Aeon Nox
I have ~300 movies (mostly MKV) ripped to individual folders running on a NAS.

I can see all of my titles in Files mode, but only see 14 of them in Library Mode.

Any clue why this might happen?

Thanks for your help!
Start here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...be_Scanned
joebrady Wrote:Start here:

Thanks Joe.

I have attempted all of these steps including the ones outlined under the heading "Video Library Settings and Maintenance"

I'm confused about why all of my titles appear perfectly (including metadata) in "file mode" but not in "library mode." This leads me to conclude that permissions and look ups are working properly. I guess what I'm asking is under what circumstances can the "file mode" be populated, but the "library mode" not.
ixnu Wrote:Thanks Joe.

I have attempted all of these steps including the ones outlined under the heading "Video Library Settings and Maintenance"

I'm confused about why all of my titles appear perfectly (including metadata) in "file mode" but not in "library mode." This leads me to conclude that permissions and look ups are working properly. I guess what I'm asking is under what circumstances can the "file mode" be populated, but the "library mode" not.

File mode is always fully populated because it's just reading the data from the disk. In library mode the data needs to be read from the library. If the library is not populated correctly then the contents will not exist to be displayed.

Is all of your content from the same XBMC source? If multiple sources are being used is one (or more) broken?

Is there a pattern to what is loading, what is not? i.e. are all movies from one drive displaying but not from another?

Rename a "broken" movie and folder to something the scraper will 100% be able to fine (e.g. "The Matrix"), does it get picked up on a re-scan? If so you probably have a naming issue. If not you probably have a location or scraper config issue.

More setup info needed to diagnose. But for sure, I would bet that what is happening is either:

* The content is not being scanned (source problem)
* The content is being scanned but not scraped (scraper problem)

Good luck!
djmcnz Wrote:File mode is always fully populated because it's just reading the data from the disk. In library mode the data needs to be read from the library. If the library is not populated correctly then the contents will not exist to be displayed.

Great info, thanks djmcnz! That make sense because I have MyMovies for MC installed and all the metadata are in respective dirs. I guess that is why file view shows correctly.

Quote:Is all of your content from the same XBMC source? If multiple sources are being used is one (or more) broken?

They are all from the same source. I have UnRaid running a single SMB share and is ref'd in XBMC as UNC: \\monstrosity\media\movies\

Quote:Is there a pattern to what is loading, what is not? i.e. are all movies from one drive displaying but not from another?

When I rescan, only 14 show up. The titles that show up all start with "B". Strange.

Quote:scraper config issue.

Shudder... Forgive me b/c I have not searched, but is there an easy way to set the library scrapper to just look for local metadata?

Thanks again!
ixnu Wrote:Great info, thanks djmcnz! That make sense because I have MyMovies for MC installed and all the metadata are in respective dirs. I guess that is why file view shows correctly.

They are all from the same source. I have UnRaid running a single SMB share and is ref'd in XBMC as UNC: \\monstrosity\media\movies\

When I rescan, only 14 show up. The titles that show up all start with "B". Strange.

Shudder... Forgive me b/c I have not searched, but is there an easy way to set the library scrapper to just look for local metadata?

Thanks again!

Okay, try deleting the metadata (.nfo) for a missing movie and re scan.

There's a reason for this but I'm on my phone and too long to type.

Let me know what happens and I'll explain when I get home.
I'm pretty sure they all look for local data first.

Although, the MyMovies program you are using may not use the same naming conventions that XBMC is looking for.
djmcnz Wrote:Okay, try deleting the metadata (.nfo) for a missing movie and re scan.

There's a reason for this but I'm on my phone and too long to type.

Let me know what happens and I'll explain when I get home.

Bingo! It looks like if an .nfo is in the dir, then XBMC defaults to it. Somehow these MyMovies created nfo's are not being recognized or properly read.

If an offending nfo is absent, then the scrapper works correctly.

I think I'm pointed in the correct direction now. Thanks again!
ixnu Wrote:Bingo! It looks like if an .nfo is in the dir, then XBMC defaults to it. Somehow these MyMovies created nfo's are not being recognized or properly read.

If an offending nfo is absent, then the scrapper works correctly.

I think I'm pointed in the correct direction now. Thanks again!

Smile

Yes, the info that you were using a media manager was key.

If metadata exists then XBMC won't scrape because it (fairly) assumes that metadata is accurate. If the metadata is not accurately fomatted though it won't display in the library.

You can continue to create metadata if you want however as this can be faster than scraping. You just need to find out what MyMovies is doing with the .nfo that XBMC doesn't like (perhaps by comparing the successful movies to broken ones).

Either way, glad you got it sorted! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Total noob - Library mode not listing all titles0