Scan for new content does not work
Allright, decided to make a thread because this is killing me!

I've got an Acer Revo R3700, latest XBMC live version and a network share which I've got fstab'ed to mount automatically. This has been working for months without a problem.

But, all of a sudden, scanning for new content does not work. I can access the network share via the "videos" menu, and play everything, including new content, from there, but when I try to "scan for new content" the progress bar comes up, runs through to almost the end, and then a notification pops up that xbmc can't connect to the remote server. This is weird, because I can actually hear the network share being accessed and scanned, and can play from the share from within the video's menu...

The network connection is up, I can ping external ip's, the rss-feed in the homescreen gets updated, weather works, I can access the fstab'ed network share via the video's screen, the network just works...

I've tried everything I know to try;
- Changed to location to where the network share get's mounted
- Tried different scraper
- Checked ownership of the folder the network share gets mounted in (all good)
- Checked all log files (nothing worth mentioning, "VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan .." and "VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 01:21" but nothing new got added and I'm SURE there's new stuff on there.

Does anyone have a clue as what is wrong here?
It normally happens when you have some of the options set wrong on your source in "Set Content"

For example your files are at a level to low from the source folder so they are simply not seen by the scraper in which case you would need to turn on "Scan Recursively" assuming you have "set content" on the source in the first place
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
scan recursively is on (and has always been on), and the content has been set from the beginning. Like I said, it has been working for months and then all of a sudden stopped working...
You've changed nothing but its not working so something has changed right so doesn't it make sense for someone who's trying to help to ask the obvious questions first especially when you not even confident new stuff has even been added or not

Good luck with your problem
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
But I am sure new stuff has been added... did you read my initial post?
Does any new content titles have special characters in it?
Is it tv shows or movies or both?
What scapers are you using?
If you turn on debugging, do log files show any problems?
Upload (pastebin) your log files so we can all inspect it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan for new content does not work0