XBMC 9.04 'Babylon' released, ready for download (Discussion)
Cool
No need for two .iso related discussions. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50933
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I download last stable version of XBMC 9.04 for Windows.
Then start to play a music in mp3 files directory (random playlist). After 3-4 minutes XBMC silently crashed on any song. WTF? I tried for many times like a paranoic - but XBMC crashed for stable aftep 2-5 minutes without any error messages!
then I reinstall it to XBMC 9.04 beta 1 and it works fine! what is it and how can it win?
Have you patched or rereleased version ox XBMC for Windows?
You've encountered a cross fade bug on win32 which slipped in.
Either disable cross fading or get 9.04.1 from sf.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sike420 Wrote:Wonderfull... And thanks for the quick uploading of the tarball. But... As gentoo is a source based system and their is such wonderfull thing as portage (what i am about to say counts for other distros as well) it would be nice if you could use some kind of standard naming for you source packages.

It used to be XBMC-8.10.src.tar.gz and now with babylon it changed to XBMC_9.04_Babylon-linux-osx-win32.tar.bz2 . It would be nice though if you guys keep it standard eg. XBMC-9.04.src.tar.gz So less changes are needed in source based distros when a new release arrives Smile

Spank you very much Big Grin

It would even be nicer if there was some kind of... layout / structure we can rely on.
New sources changed filename, have missing executable flags on configure files, changed locations here and there, ...

You have chosen a fixed release cycle, now try to standardize the tar-balling and filenames too!
TIA! Wink
This thread has been jumping around a bit, so I hope this post is not "off topic".

I believe XBMC 9.04 marks a significant moment in the open source media center community... it passes the "wife test" in my home! Please don't let my bit of humor distract from this major milestone... I simply used "wife test" so you _ALL_ know what I mean.

I have tried (and failed) at several other HTPC projects over the last few years, but when I listened to FLOSS Weekly 57 (http://twit.tv/floss57), I was very impressed by Scott and Jonathan and decided to try again. I currently use the MediaStream skin on both a Mac Mini in the "TV room" and an ATV in another room and my wife is able to find and watch all kinds of media... even when I'm not home.

We all know this is still beta software, but the defects that remain are things that "day-to-day" users will never come across.

Many, many thanks to the developers and the community for a fantastic product!
Thanks chops68 - always nice to hear positive stories Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sad 
pleasecan someone help me to get the right ypy number for xbmc for
mac which is ready for ps3
Thank uyou so much ,i really appreciate itBlushSadSad
Thumbs Up 
soorry for my typt mistakes ,but it has to be type number
Holy Necropost.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Agreed. Close-ety-closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.04 'Babylon' released, ready for download (Discussion)3