Can't get any recently downloaded files to play.
ATV2 4.2.2, Jailbroken with Snowbreeze
XBMC Darwin 11.0

Every time I try to play a file (h264 .mkv files have been the problem, so far) that was added recently (many files with the exact same format will play fine), there is a total lack of response when I tell the file to play. Sometimes, if I keep trying, I will eventually end up getting a "One or more files failed to play, see log" error.

Error log here:

http://pastebin.com/L2L9D5tF

Any idea what the heck is going on? I haven't had much luck with XBMC so far. Getting my files to show up in the first place was an unholy nightmare, and now I can only play some of them, despite them all being the same format.
Also, for the record, some of my older files cause the same problem, but those are like 50/50. With every new file that's been downloaded, it has had a 100% fail rate.

The files play perfectly on the computer.
You really should be using the latest nightly build. It is waaaaay better than the official build - especially when it comes to adding media and scraping.

The log show 'permission denied' errors when trying to play files.

You should check the permissions of the files and directory that you are sharing. Add permissions for Everyone with full rights to the directory and allow them to propagate to child objects. The new files may have ownership that does not allow them to be read.
That's exactly what happened... For some reason the permissions weren't inheriting properly. I believe I've got it all fixed up now!

I haven't attempted any nightly builds because stability is pretty much #1. I'm trying to get rid of cable, which means this needs to work for my family without much messing around.
If stability is #1 then you should update to the nightly. It is far more stable and reliable than the Cydia copy you are using now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get any recently downloaded files to play.0