Help with custom menu item in Korean language
Greetings.

Got family who only understands Korean and building HTPC for them for Korean content.

So far I've been able to tinker with this cool Neon skin and got it to present everything in Korean - existing menus, filenames, etc.,

Problem : Created few custom home menus with playlist and I see no method of naming those custom home menus in korean language (no korean input in xbmc). Tried MSF Windows 7 IME input system - no go. Copy and paste (apparently paste does not work in XBMC) no go.

Understanding that an entire Korean langauage input system is pretty unreasonable request...

Is there a way to edit the custom home menu name from a text editor? If so, what file do I need to look for and where?

Thx.
edgy Wrote:Greetings.

Got family who only understands Korean and building HTPC for them for Korean content.

So far I've been able to tinker with this cool Neon skin and got it to present everything in Korean - existing menus, filenames, etc.,

Problem : Created few custom home menus with playlist and I see no method of naming those custom home menus in korean language (no korean input in xbmc). Tried MSF Windows 7 IME input system - no go. Copy and paste (apparently paste does not work in XBMC) no go.

Understanding that an entire Korean langauage input system is pretty unreasonable request...

Is there a way to edit the custom home menu name from a text editor? If so, what file do I need to look for and where?

Thx.

You can edit it in \XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml file. Just look for the entry "skin.neon.menu_custom6_folder" and you make the changes there (it may not be "6" that your entry is in, but you should be able to figure it out pretty easily. Just make sure xbmc is not running when you edit the file.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:You can edit it in \XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml file. Just look for the entry "skin.neon.menu_custom6_folder" and you make the changes there (it may not be "6" that your entry is in, but you should be able to figure it out pretty easily. Just make sure xbmc is not running when you edit the file.

Done - and worked perfectly.

Much Appreciated - thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with custom menu item in Korean language0