2 bugs.
BUG 1

When I use ReFocus and minimize xbmc, my 3D Card's fans starts making a noise and heats up. (only on the main screen though)

Its only this skin, and only when minimized, and only on the main menu
(I suspect the transitions of fanart?)

I dont really have a problem with this as XBMC isnt minimised alot, but i intend on building a HTPC using a GT520, and im just worried about heat concerns.

BUG 2

I understand you "don't want the back button to go to the main menu" and whatnot...but I got a question here, so hear me out.

If you go into the movies submenu, why does only [align=left] work to go back, but [ESC] and [BACKSPACE] do nothing? they're there, why not support it?

Backspace and Esc are standard XBMC keys, why suddenly use the Left Key?

We need consistency gents.

(It's fine that backspace doesn't completely exit to the main menu when browsing movies)

So yeah:
- Massive Performance bug when minimized on Main Menu
- USE the esc and backspace keys when in the movies "submenu" (my biggest irretation)
also found another bug.

If you don't completely stop a movie, and browse for another movie - when you press "Info" you see the video object suddenly playing above the cover.
Keeper Wrote:BUG 1

When I use ReFocus and minimize xbmc, my 3D Card's fans starts making a noise and heats up. (only on the main screen though)

Its only this skin, and only when minimized, and only on the main menu
(I suspect the transitions of fanart?)

I dont really have a problem with this as XBMC isnt minimised alot, but i intend on building a HTPC using a GT520, and im just worried about heat concerns.

Strange, does this happen with the fanart slideshow, or with a customn slideshow, or both?

Quote:BUG 2

I understand you "don't want the back button to go to the main menu" and whatnot...but I got a question here, so hear me out.

If you go into the movies submenu, why does only [align=left] work to go back, but [ESC] and [BACKSPACE] do nothing? they're there, why not support it?

Backspace and Esc are standard XBMC keys, why suddenly use the Left Key?

Just because they're standard keys does not mean they can be used for every action, it needs to be supported by the skin engine. It is possible to use backspace, but this possibility was only added to the skin engine recently. If you update your build to a recent nightly it will work.
It's not possible to use Esc to go back in menus, it's only available for going back in windows. Using left to collapse a menu seems logical to me when you use right to expand it.

Keeper Wrote:also found another bug.

If you don't completely stop a movie, and browse for another movie - when you press "Info" you see the video object suddenly playing above the cover.
Can't reproduce this.
Jeroen Wrote:Strange, does this happen with the fanart slideshow, or with a customn slideshow, or both?

I've disabled fanart, and i see it still does it, even with only a blue background.
I think your code is still "looping", even though it is only 1 image.
(Have no idea why it uses so much more resources minimized though)

Jeroen Wrote:Can't reproduce this.

1) Start up a movie.
2) don't press "X", just press ESC (leave it playing)
3) hover over another movie cover
4) Press "I" (Info)

Brilliant Skin BTW, this thing is the best design i've seen in a long time. Wink

....Just remember to add options for "us" too, even if we don't have the exact same preferences as us.

It would really be awesome to customize the main menu! (add Scripts, Add movies/series, etc)

...i've been trying to hack the xml files but i just cant seem to do it Sad
Keeper Wrote:....Just remember to add options for "us" too, even if we don't have the exact same preferences as us

That's what mods are for. Wink
Keeper Wrote:I've disabled fanart, and i see it still does it, even with only a blue background.
I think your code is still "looping", even though it is only 1 image.
(Have no idea why it uses so much more resources minimized though)
What do you mean by looping? Only the fanart slideshows are set to repeat.
They're just basic multiimage controls, nothing out of the ordinary. Tbh I have no idea what is causing it.

Quote:1) Start up a movie.
2) don't press "X", just press ESC (leave it playing)
3) hover over another movie cover
4) Press "I" (Info)
I know the steps to take, by saying can't reproduce I mean I am not experiencing this behavior.

Quote:....Just remember to add options for "us" too, even if we don't have the exact same preferences as us.

It would really be awesome to customize the main menu! (add Scripts, Add movies/series, etc)

...i've been trying to hack the xml files but i just cant seem to do it Sad
Problem is, noone has the exact same preference as everybody. If I would add an option for every personal preference there would be 5 pages of skin settings and it would be a pita to maintain.

Also please note that saying "make it an option" is really easy, doing it is another story. While some things may seem simple to make optional, they often are not and sometimes they're even not possible. Start coding your own skin, and you will understand what I mean Wink

I have added options for certain things, but I simply can't please everyone. Aside from that, this skin is simply very much driven by my personal preferences and vision and not designed by committee.

Creating (and maintaining) a skin is a lot of work. So, requests for options or features that I would never use and/or that don't fit within my concept for the skin, I just can't get motivated for them.

In that case I say, it's open source, so go wild Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 bugs.0