Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb
Hi guys,

Just installed xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb and wanted to share my experience.

Best build for me so far.

No buffering at all on 720p and 1080p mkv's
All my ISO's work. No buffering
Music has NO stuttering now
Thumbnails load fast.

Great job by the developers!

Thanks alot

/mylle
agreed, this is by far the best nightly to date!! fast as hell.. must be getting closer to being released as a stable!

just can't wait for AirTunes to work properly and hopefully there can be interop with sling player on the iPhone streaming to XBMC via Air play.

thanks devs!
Absolutely!

Davilla, did the change to NSThread do the magic?

Anyway, thanks to the devs for their magnificent work!

EmKay
Thumbnails load fast and no buffering either but I see some hiccups while watching videos. Copyed the same file to ATV2s internal storage and it was smooth. Downgraded to the last stable and it was this time smooth over smb too. Its a wired Gigabit Network (Asus N16 flashed with TomatoUSB).

I repeted the speps twice. After upgrading to this nightly (didn't tried the last few either) I experienced some hiccups again and after downgrading to stable it was smooth again.
emkay Wrote:Absolutely!

Davilla, did the change to NSThread do the magic?

Anyway, thanks to the devs for their magnificent work!

EmKay

yep it was the priority change. This change was in already from jun 22th to jul 1th or so (so exactly when we did the official build ...) ... but i bet there was a good reason for reverting this change by davilla.

So better don't be happy to early ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hmm i would be careful stating this kind of information for me things got worse. I never had buffering issues which the 31st build introduced to me.
Also fanart is still slow, the three first movies might be a little bit quicker but keel flicking through them and its back to what it has been after the latest stable.

Might worth mentionable is that I have a lot of movies in my database say over 500.
menno Wrote:hmm i would be careful stating this kind of information for me things got worse. I never had buffering issues which the 31st build introduced to me.
Also fanart is still slow, the three first movies might be a little bit quicker but keel flicking through them and its back to what it has been after the latest stable.

Might worth mentionable is that I have a lot of movies in my database say over 500.

atv2 or ipad?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can confirm the thumbnail and fanart loading has sped up, and that there is no longer stuttering when playing music. Have watched 4 SD tv shows and all have worked perfectly and going to watch a 720p movie today. Will post back once complete.
I will say that the fanart loading improvement is nowhere near as pronounced as the thumbnail loading improvement on my ATV2. There may be some fanart loading speed improvement, but not a huge amount. The thumbnails noticeably load much faster (although I should note that there's definitely still some room for improvement--not sure if the ATV2 is capable of much faster, though).
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Plugins seems to work faster also, it seems like a general overall boost to all of xbmc. Surprising that one line of code can do so much haha.
Memphiz Wrote:atv2 or ipad?

atv2!

//edit

I use media info 2 in confluence, which doesnt use thumbs only fanart.

I also want to add that
->music->artist

loading takes about one minute!
I think atv2 will never be superb on large databases (although i store them locally).
OK had to revert to 20110830-51df69b to be able to watch a recent 720p movie as 20110831-b7436bd caused buffering every minute or so. The whole system seems to have been sped up nicely however this is obviously a showstopper for me.

For the meantime am going to stick to 20110831-b7436bd and just revert back when I need to watch anything high-def. Will try some more content and report back as possible. Smile
Loading of thumbnails is much faster on my iPad too though I think the scrolling is a little more jerky but that could just be my imagination.
As for fan art no idea my skin doesn't use them for speed purpose
xxx
htpcrelic Wrote:Have some tact, please.

Didn't even think about that, my bad. Can you edit your quote appropriately please to remove the reference?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb0