Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb
Just wanted to mention....no stuttering here with the Sep 5 build, even playing my 1080p TRON:Legacy/H.264/DTS 5.1 test file. And if anything, the thumbnails are loading FASTER than the Aug 31 build! Great, great stuff.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
turbinez Wrote:Hi guys, I would like to install this nightly build. I am currently running xbmc pre 11. Could someone please show me the ropes on how to install a nightly build properly? Do I need to delete my current XBMC before installing a new build or can I simply install over it?

Also I don't want to lose all my settings, so the only folder I need to backup is the 'user data'?

Please advise.

Thanks everyone!

Nightly build installs are covered in the FAQ (check the stickies)... best to start there. No need to delete the current XBMC install... install over it... you won't lose your settings but it's always good to have a backup.
jd2157, thank you very much! Smile Awesome. Can't wait to try these nightly builds!
Installing the Latest Nightly Build
I can confirm that the build from sept5 is really great.
I've tryed only a few files where I had stuttering issues before and now it seems they are gone. Without subtitles they are perfectly smooth.

(x264 HD material + subtitle rendering is another story though. I got there always some hiccups but thats not an ios only issue. XBMC Live is also affected on weak systems)
Just updated to this nightly build, I haven't updated in ages till more bugs were worked out but this one is working amazingly and everything loads very quickly! Kudos to the entire dev team!
Still can't play DVD's (iso/folder) with de-interlacing on....
I have just installed the latest nightly, but now I can't seem to get the subtitle add-on to work properly. When I select the desired subtitle it just hangs.

Heres my logs:

[HTML]http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=mXBsUWLt[/HTML]

[HTML]http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=867Agtaw[/HTML]
I had sub-titles in a rar file for some tv shows I was trying to watch, this caused the video not to load for me (had to delete the rar) and file played fine.

Just updated to 5th Sept build, not sure if this has same issue. I had dirty reqions enabled that the screen (at least through menus) is going crazy :o
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Just tried the 5 September build and it works really well apart from it still isn't able to play BBC iPlayer HD streams properly. I don't know if this also affects similar services like Hulu. Such a shame as it means I'll have to stick to a pretty old build from April which plays the streams perfectly.

For reference, I raised a bug report which includes forum links to more information. Would be brilliant if a fix could be added to the roadmap!
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11706
Just installed also the Sept 5 nightly. Seems faster than my previously one of July 27. However checked watching icefilms 720p movies and TV episodes but the staggering continues. No problems watching 720p movies from my NAS through SMB.
I have my ATV2 connected with ethernet cable to my wall socket.

If someone can advise how to try to reduce the staggering with 720p movies from icefilms would really appreciate it!!

Thanks all the devs for the incredible work!
is the latest nightly build newer or older than the xbmc pre 11.0 version?
got to be newer as it is from...yesterday!
depro Wrote:Just installed also the Sept 5 nightly. Seems faster than my previously one of July 27. However checked watching icefilms 720p movies and TV episodes but the staggering continues. No problems watching 720p movies from my NAS through SMB.
I have my ATV2 connected with ethernet cable to my wall socket.

If someone can advise how to try to reduce the staggering with 720p movies from icefilms would really appreciate it!!

Thanks all the devs for the incredible work!

I wouldn't evaluate the quality of a build based on how well it plays icefilms content. Icefilms is of course an internet-based addon, so any stuttering could be due to your WAN throughput, problems on icefilms' end, etc. There's really no fair way to compare icefilms playback to LAN-based playback.

For me, for instance, the latest builds (and in fact earlier nightlies) have always played icefilms content fine. I've had some times when a few icefilms feeds have stuttered; in those cases I've selected other megaupload sources (from the list icefilms gives you) and eventually found one that plays fine.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
@ canadave

Very true. Unfortunately my set-up seems to fall short in playing 720p from icefilms. Tried several sources without too much success.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb0