First 4 of any series is always 'Al TV'
Okay, I am fairly new to this. Been using ATV2 and XBMC for about 5 weeks.

Love it, much better than my PS3! But my bandwidth has skyrocketed because I always look for .mkv now instead of .avi! Heh heh.

Anyway, I finally figured out how to get the scraper to work on my TV downloads. Movies always worked fine, once I got the name right, but TV shows are still giving me fits.

My setup:
Running the XBMC release of 29 Aug, had same symptoms with the last nitro installed release.

Whenever I download a new set of TV shows, for example, I just got 'United States of Tara', s01, the scraper will always mark the first 4 episodes as Al TV (weird Al) and then all the remaining episodes are identified correctly.

This happens with every single show I download.

If I go to 'Files', and select one of the incorrectly identified episodes, and hold down the select key until I get to the information screen for the episode identified as an AL TV episode, and tell it to refresh, it changes it to the correct information, but I have to do this for the first 4 episodes of every show.

Only the first 4 episodes, never more or less. I have restarted the ATV. I have tried manually scraping the first episode, then doing an auto scrape on the rest. It sill identifies the first 4 episodes as AlTV, then the rest are fine.

Anyone else experience this? If not, what other info do I need to post to try to get a solution?

Thanks. Love the software! Really!

Michael
What's the directory layout of your media files, and what paths have you added?

I got a similar situation when I had a tree looking like:
TV/TV/Blakes 7
TV/TV/Doctor Who
TV/TV2/Fringe
TV/TV3/Supernatural

and I added TV as source. It then uses TV, TV2, and TV3 as series names to scrape. You have to add three sources in this case: TV/TV, TV/TV2, TV/TV3. Then its will scrape Blakes 7, Doctor Who etc.

Basically it only scrapes series names from first level directories inside source. You can't have the series names two levels down.
Hmmmm. That may be it. I remember initially that I called my source just 'TV' and I had real problems scraping. I changed it to 'TV Shows' and that fixed some issues.

I checked and realized that my share on the NAS is named 'TV'. Will change that to 'TV Shows' and see if that helps.

Thanks for jogging my memory!

Michael

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First 4 of any series is always 'Al TV'0