Subtitles on ISO - noise like line
I have a line appearing on the bottom of my subtitles. It's almost like a reflection of the subtitle. I've tried calibrating the video location of the subtitle but I can't get rid of it. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm on the 8/31 nightly build but I've been seeing this for a while (over a month).
picture or screenshot please Smile
davilla Wrote:picture or screenshot please Smile

Can you point me to a way to grab a screen shot? It's running on a TV.

Thanks,
Andrew
This appears on some of my MKV files with embedded VOBSUB subtitles. And for these files it doesn't appear on all subtitle frames, only on those containing descending characters like 'qypgj' or parenthesis and such. I'm only guessing it has something to do with the subtitle bitmap image touching the outer boundaries of the subtitle frame.

For some other movies I've seen a vertical line occurring on the right hand side of the subtitles:

Sample 1 (3.5 MB): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16101236/vobsub-noise-1.mkv
Sample 2 (3.5 MB): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16101236/vobsub-noise-2.mkv

Rune
XBMC 20110831-b7436bd, ATV2 4.2.2 (2203), iOS 4.3 (8F305)
I've done a little more research on this, and found out that the appearance of the line of noise depends on the video calibration settings.

Currently my screen is calibrated like this (to compensate for overscan) and the line of noise is gone! Smile
  • upper left (x,y): 31,19
  • lower right (x,y): 34,19
Adjusting the y-figures (e.g. to 14) makes the line of noise re-appear (ref. video sample 1).

Regards,
Rune
XBMC 20110903-c1d2bb6, ATV2 4.2.2 (2203), iOS 4.3 (8F305)
Sorry - trying to follow you on this. Are these changes to the subtitle calibration location or the overall size? Currently I'm running [email protected] full screen with a top left overscan comp of 40,17. The bottom right is 38,19 and the subtitle is 712.
AmazonFirex4/iPhone6s/iPad2/NSS326
Kodi - be brave and help - update w/nightly builds
I didn't adjust the subtitle position, only the upper left and lower right corners (overall size). However, after doing the adjustments I noticed that the noise line appeared on other movies.
  • before adjustment: noise on movie 1 --- movie 2 ok
  • after adjustment: movie 1 ok --- noise on movie 2
Guess it didn't really help very much after all...

Regards,
Rune
XBMC 20110903-c1d2bb6, ATV2 4.2.2 (2203), iOS 4.3 (8F305)
So,... does anyone know what's causing this "noise" underneath the subtitles?
Davilla, you asked for a screenshot. Any ideas?
Huh

Thanks,
Rune.
I also see this. Very irritating. Could someone please take a look at it.
BR,
/Jesse
rof-x Wrote:Image

I see the same thing in my MKVs that I have created with Handbreak. Are yours made with Handbreak? I dont see the problem when the file is played with VLC on my computer.
Update: The "noice" happens on other formats than MKVs, for instance on img.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles on ISO - noise like line0