Movies
TV Shows
Music Videos
Files
Library
Add-ons

Is it possible to create extra groups?

I ask for 2 reasons.

First, I have a number of Stand-Up Comedy shows that appear mixed in with my Movies. They are not movies and I would like them to appear separately. I realise they appear here due to the fact the I have to set the content for that source as Movies to have them scraped (and they do get found at themoviedb.com). I have them stored in a separate source and would like them to appear under a different subgroup of the "video" section.

Second, I would like to have any 3D films separate from the others (again having them stored in a separate source).

I am willing to amend any files needed myself if someone could explain how to do it (if its even possible) as long as the amendments are things like config file changes etc. up to as far as any XML files. Beyond that, I may just be stretching myself too far.

Thanks for any help
davehx Wrote:When I choose Videos in XBMC I am greeted with the following options;

Movies
TV Shows
Music Videos
Files
Library
Add-ons

Is it possible to create extra groups?

I ask for 2 reasons.

First, I have a number of Stand-Up Comedy shows that appear mixed in with my Movies. They are not movies and I would like them to appear separately. I realise they appear here due to the fact the I have to set the content for that source as Movies to have them scraped (and they do get found at themoviedb.com). I have them stored in a separate source and would like them to appear under a different subgroup of the "video" section.

Second, I would like to have any 3D films separate from the others (again having them stored in a separate source).

I am willing to amend any files needed myself if someone could explain how to do it (if its even possible) as long as the amendments are things like config file changes etc. up to as far as any XML files. Beyond that, I may just be stretching myself too far.

Thanks for any help

Both can be resolved by creating a smartplaylist. This way you can make a playlist based on genre or file location etc..
Some skins support adding that playlist as a submenu or as main menu item
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What Machine-Sanctum said. Transparancy! is a skin that I'm very fond of for things just like this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Subgroups0