Temporary Bookmark for movies...
Smile 
i bet a lot of you also hate having to try to find the exit point manually when continuing to watch a movie at a later time. if so read this:

regarding the upcomming funtion for video bookmarks, i think a most useful implemenation would be to have a temporary bookmark automatically be set when one stops a running movie.

when the user at a later time starts the same movie it automatically continues from the same exit point (perhaps minus 5 or 10 seconds to add some context). my pioneer dvd-player functions exactly like that, and it is great. :d

added functionallity could be like this (taken from my dvd-player):
- when pressing twice on stop for a playing movie no bookmark is set, meaning the movie will automatically play from the beginning on the next occation.
- when pressing twice on play to start a movie, any temporary bookmark is skipped and the movie plays from the beginning.

a variant to the above 'press-twice' scenario is to have a small menu show when starting a movie having a temporary bookmark, thus letting the user chose from the menu what to do:

=================
           play from
         <beginning>
                or
     <last stop point>
=================

in the same way a menu could alterativly be shown when stopping a movie:

=================
           <stop>
                or
     <save stop point>
=================

this temporary bookmark functionallity could of cause be toogled in 'settings' for those really not wanting it, if any.

when starting a movie from a previous exit point a dialog could be shown during the caching of the movie like:

=======================
      resuming play at 00:44:12
=======================

and this does not exclude manually set bookmarks, which also could be useful (see other post by me on some ideas on those).

any comments? you like it or not?
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
i like it. really nifty Smile
Sad 
bump *

frodo, or any dev, would this feature be feasible to do?
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
i'm not one for obscure/nonobvious interfaces, and a config "automatically start videos where i leave off" would solve some of the problems.

hmmm... on the tivo it always starts where you leave off but you can quickly jump to the end of the video to start over...
this will be wonderful.
the bookmark feature will be also useful for music.
i like to see similar video bookmark system to xbmp in xbmc but with file/movie-name logged as well, all from the furture osd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Temporary Bookmark for movies...0