First HTPC Build
I like it too, but also find the case is quite expensive. Have you had a look at the Silverstone ML03?? Should be a good price-look-quality compromise.
Has the Silverstone ML03 a glossy front finish or is it matt? The case looks different in each picture.Huh

To find the right case is probably the hardest part about building an HTPC.

@eskro
What would you suggest to lower the cost? (Except choosing a different case. I'm still undecided in that regard.)
well maybe if you list the prices i could check better Tongue

but fast like that, your PSU is pricey

GT-430 needed? you need 3D playback? OS is windows?

you really need an i3? INTEL G840 is not enough?

i think that the SAMSUNG Bluray Reader is cheaper then the LG
The prices are in Swiss Francs:
http://www.digitec.ch/?wk=BeJjrkyUTJg&view=product

I don't have an 3D TV currently so it's not necessary but if I need a GPU I rather get one capable of 3D to be prepared for the future.

Yes, I will be using Windows 7 64bit because of better bluray support.

How fast is the Intel 840? How does it compare to an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz? (My laptop has an Intel Core 2 Duo that's why I'm asking.)
Carb0 Wrote:I just checked the cases at my local retailer again and there are 2 versions available of the case i mentioned above. One has 250W and one has 300W. What is the better choice for my build?

eskro Wrote:well maybe if you list the prices i could check better Tongue

but fast like that, your PSU is pricey

GT-430 needed? you need 3D playback? OS is windows?

you really need an i3? INTEL G840 is not enough?

i think that the SAMSUNG Bluray Reader is cheaper then the LG

Thats sound sense he is giving, i have built many a pc for myself and ALLWAYs overkill on stuff, if it does the job you need dont spend the extra money 'just in case' as it will probably server you well anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First HTPC Build0