[RELEASE] GameTrailers Original Shows
Hi Everyone,

I've been an XBMC user for nearly as long as XBMC has existed (XBOX1) but I'm a C#.NET/Java developer and I have avoided extensions/addons/plugins mostly because I'm not the world's biggest Python fan.

Anyways, many thanks to developer iZE for his great GameTrailers.com script. As good as it is, I really wanted a way to jump directly to my favorite GT shows and specials so I created a script to fetch my personal favorite programs.

GameTrailers.com Exclusive Content
Indexed Shows ***
  • Bonus round with Geoff Keighley
  • E3 Expo
  • 2012 Ultimate Gaming Preview
  • Epic Battle Axe
  • Game Interviews
  • Game of the Year Awards 2011
  • Game Previews
  • Game Reviews
  • GT Countdown **
  • GT Motion
  • GT Most Popular Today **
  • GT Newest Videos **
  • GT Retrospectives **
  • HourOne
  • Pop Fiction **
  • Screwattack **
  • Science of Games **
  • Invisible Walls
  • Pach Attack with Michael Pachter
  • Spotlight: XBOX360
  • Spotlight: Nintendo 3DS
  • Spotlight: Nintendo DS
  • Spotlight: Nintendo Wii
  • Spotlight: Sony PS3
  • Spotlight: Sony PSP
  • Top 100 Trailers of all time
  • Trailers HD

** Requires free GT user account (versions 2.0 and up do not require an account)
***Channels in versions 2.0 and up are dynamically determined by the server so channels can come and go with no change to the add-on

Changelog
- Initial release

- Added show thumbnail images
- Added platform categories

- Fixed bug with Spotlight: DS/3DS
- Fixed bug with Spotlight: Wii

- Added support for user login / cookie handling
- Added new content: Top 100 Trailers of all time
- Added new content: GT Countdown (requires GT account)
- Added new content: GT Retrospectives (requires GT account)
- Added new content: GT Top 20 Today (requires GT account)
- Added new content: Pop Fiction (requires GT account)
- Added new content: Science of Games (requires GT account)
- Added new content: ScrewAttack (requires GT account)

- Fixed bug that caused script to fail if cookies folder was absent

- Added new content: GT Newest Videos (requires GT account)

- Added new content: GT Game of the Year Awards 2011

1.0.7+
- Experimental

- Created more reliable server-side feed index generator
- Added dynamic discovery of channels
- Added ability to define custom 'User' channel
- Added ability to sort by any data-field in the index
- Added ability to define video sort order and upper limit
- Added support for paging

Tested on XBMC for Windows / x64 Windows 7

This is my first Python program so it will probably crash and burn if anything goes wrong but I figured I'd share just in case anyone else wanted this.

Current Version
Download v2.0.0 (Mirror): http://baileysoft.no-ip.org:8080/files/p...usives.zip

GameTrailers.com: Exclusive Shows is now in the official Dharma XBMC.org repo.

Old Releases
Download v1.0.3 (MediaFire): http://download283.mediafire.com/ogahsvg...usives.zip
Download v1.0.5 (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g0m7e92cf7k8bvd
Wow, thanks soooo muchBig Grin I was so saddened by the untimely demise of Dan Dare's add-onSad If this one works then I am indeed in your debt.

One feature request though, would it be possible to add GTtv to this as well?
KidVulcan Wrote:Wow, thanks soooo muchBig Grin I was so saddened by the untimely demise of Dan Dare's add-onSad If this one works then I am indeed in your debt.

It seems to work really well at the moment; I've been using it (in testing) for a few weeks now. I had some issues spoofing the iTunes headers but once I got that correct everything seems to run smoothly.

KidVulcan Wrote:One feature request though, would it be possible to add GTtv to this as well

Yea, I'm looking into that as well as GT Retrospectives, ScrewAttack, and Countdowns specials. For the initial release I just wanted to be able to scrape the things I follow religiously (GT Reviews and the Bonus Round). Now that I know how it all works I can dig into some more meaty extensions.
Hi and thank you for a wonderful plugin for Xbmc, but

The problem is that when i try to install it from .zip file i got a error message.

Add-on does not have the correct structure

Version of addon: 1.01
Hardware: ATV2
Xbmc version: Git:20110825-44b59c9 Compiled 25 aug

Thankful if u can help me.
zidewinder Wrote:Hi and thank you for a wonderful plugin for Xbmc, but

The problem is that when i try to install it from .zip file i got a error message.

Add-on does not have the correct structure

Create a folder in: %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons called plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives and unzip the files into it.

Cheers!

--EDIT--

I've updated the v1.0.1 version to include the root folder so it should install OK now.
AssChin79 Wrote:Create a folder in: %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons called plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives and unzip the files into it.

Cheers!

--EDIT--

I've updated the v1.0.1 version to include the root folder so it should install OK now.

I did the unpacking thing becouse the new .rar gived me same error again.
Now i find Gametrailers 1.01 in Videos/Add-ons but when i click the icon nothing happends =(

Edit: i put the the 5 files in "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives"
Just go ahead and get it from the Official Repo. Its called Gametrailers.com - Original Shows
Thumbs Up 
zidewinder Wrote:I did the unpacking thing becouse the new .rar gived me same error again.
Now i find Gametrailers 1.01 in Videos/Add-ons but when i click the icon nothing happends =(

Edit: i put the the 5 files in "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives"
Try renaming Default.py to default.py (with the lowercase d). Worked for me.

Wonderful addon!
skeletorjus Wrote:Try renaming Default.py to default.py (with the lowercase d). Worked for me.

Wonderful addon!

Now its working =) Thank you very much.

Now i only waiting for Screwattack and AVGN =)
Hi again. The plugin working perfect now except i got alot of buffering issues
after one episode of something. And when this happends i need to wait 1 hour or so to see a new episode.

Anyone else who have this problem?
zidewinder Wrote:Hi again. The plugin working perfect now except i got alot of buffering issues
after one episode of something. And when this happends i need to wait 1 hour or so to see a new episode.

Anyone else who have this problem?

Maybe I'm hogging everyone's bandwidth Wink

I seriously must have watched 4 hours of GT non-stop last night! Sorry you're having trouble zidewinder. Working great over here.
Hi there,
I know you said to download it from the original repo, is that the standard XBMC one? I don't seem to be able to find it in there. Or is it because I have Eden installed I can't find it? TIA
filmfreak71 Wrote:Hi there,
I know you said to download it from the original repo, is that the standard XBMC one? I don't seem to be able to find it in there. Or is it because I have Eden installed I can't find it? TIA

Yea, right now its Dharma only.
Thanks for letting me know, I look forward to the Eden release. BTW will you be adding the GTTV show?
Thumbs Up 
Really happy to see GameTrailers usable again on xbmc. Been without it for a while... used to use it daily... reverted to using the html site but it's so flash-heavy it eats my cpu for breakfast. Going to give this a try now, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] GameTrailers Original Shows1