XBMC + AppleTV + Ember Media Manager
So this week I finally got around to cataloging all my movie collection using Ember Media Manager. I cleared out my XBMC databse/sources from AppleTV and re-added my newly updated library from my Windows Server. But I noticed that it is still pulling meta data from the web sources rather than the cached info I have stored on my server. Why is this? Isn't XBMC supposed to recognize the appropriate files (tbn, nfo, etc) and load off of that? That was my understanding anyway.

I'd like to keep as much metadata/artwork stored on my PC as possible and just have the AppleTV/XBMC pull from that.
I use ember with no issues, what file naming scheme do you use (for all your file types)
dauntless101 Wrote:So this week I finally got around to cataloging all my movie collection using Ember Media Manager. I cleared out my XBMC databse/sources from AppleTV and re-added my newly updated library from my Windows Server. But I noticed that it is still pulling meta data from the web sources rather than the cached info I have stored on my server. Why is this? Isn't XBMC supposed to recognize the appropriate files (tbn, nfo, etc) and load off of that? That was my understanding anyway.

I'd like to keep as much metadata/artwork stored on my PC as possible and just have the AppleTV/XBMC pull from that.

what makes you think it pulls from the internet?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:what makes you think it pulls from the internet?

I guess because it will pull different cover/fanart images from the ones that I have selected manually in Ember. Sure some I left at the default but Ember pulls so many choices for cover/fanart images that sometimes I picked my own.

As for the file naming, check the screenshot.
Question 
I am using MyMovies Collection Manager to do my media scraping and I am having the same issue. Each movie, stored in its own sub-folderis scraped by MyMovies CM, and the .nfo and cover art pictures are all there. However, when XBMC discovers the movies, it is downloading it's own cover-art and info off of the internet.

Does anyone know how to get XBMC to use the info stored with the movie files as opposed to pulling it down from the internet?
I have too noticed this problem. There should be an alternative when choosing scrapper to only use local or something like that. Otherwise it will always connect and download info. for me it does anyway... ><
Make sure you don't have use folder name ticked in the scraper on the ATV. if its ticked then it won't use the nfo files in the folder, it will just use the folder name for the movie to go off to the web to scrape
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Has anyone found a solution for this? I've tried all sorts & still I can't get it read the metadata I've created in Ember through XBMC on my AppleTV 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + AppleTV + Ember Media Manager0