Might pick this up on Craigslist what do you think....
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/sys/2579657584.html

How would that handle xbmc and my content..

I stream mostly 720p mkvs but would also want it future proof for 1080p

Specs: Mini ITX board with a Dual Core Intel Atom 1.6GHz, 4GB DDR3, 160GB SATA hard drive, bluetooth, and wifi Wireless N.
Need to know more about the video... ION based or Intel?

ION I can conform will play 1080p fine. Although Flash could be shakey and Netflix (Silverlight) will be miserable. Neat idea, I don't think I'd pay $500 for it however...
I dont intend to pay $500 for it either.. Either going to trade something for it that I dont use too often or try to talk price down. I know $500 can build a lot more powerful than that. Thats forsure!

Just texted him for that info kirky..

Edit: Answer is ION based Smile
ION I don't think does 3D, so if that's in your future, it's not future proof.

I'm OK with Flash on my ION boxes with the latest Flash player. I haven't done anything with Netflix though, and from what I understand, Silverlight doesn't do any sort of hardware acceleration, so it's all on the CPU and the Atom CPU isn't that powerful.
I wonder if I can just take this and put in diff Mini ITX parts?
if it is $200, maybe!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Look at the messy cuts on the back, for $500 I'd expect much cleaner cuts, I could possibly even hire a professional to do the cuts for me.
Point taken I prob wont pick this up.
toymachine2009 Wrote:Point taken I prob wont pick this up.

+1
+1, cool idea though
Give me the $500.... I will buy two of them.... you should try to do your own with new stuff in the market.... get the nintendo case for cheap.
WOW.....$500 for a 1.6 Atom build, not hardly buddy. Maybe get him down to at least $300. You could build way better for that much cash!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Might pick this up on Craigslist what do you think....0