[HOWTO] new KARATELIGHT with boblight and XBMC
bobo1on1 Wrote:Hm maybe that has something to do with the fact that boblight treats pixels as linear instead of sRGB, because I didn't know any better at the time.
Check with "boblight-constant ff" if the red from the leds is actually red, to rule out other issues.

I'll check tonight. Thanks for the hint.
Hardware Setup
Acer Revo 3610 // 2GB RAM // 64GB SSD // Harmony 650 w. XBox USB Dongle // Lenovo Wireless Keyboard N5901A // Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 // Panasonic P42S10E 42" FullHD Plasma // Atmolight
Software Setup
XBMCbuntu 12.2 (Frodo)
@bobo1on1
Just tried what you suggested (although I had to use 'ff0000' instead of 'ff', else I got blue) and the light emitted by the LEDs is also pink, not red Sad

The plugin for my SAT receiver does create a nice, dark red under the same circumstances, so it can't bed the LEDs causing this behaviour with boblight. Would it help if I posted my boblight.conf?
Hardware Setup
Acer Revo 3610 // 2GB RAM // 64GB SSD // Harmony 650 w. XBox USB Dongle // Lenovo Wireless Keyboard N5901A // Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 // Panasonic P42S10E 42" FullHD Plasma // Atmolight
Software Setup
XBMCbuntu 12.2 (Frodo)
Sure, I'll take a look.
Hi,

I've a karatelight on a Asrock 330HT ION.
I'm using XBMCbuntu.

When i reboot my htpc, sometimes karatelight is under /dev/ttyUSB0 and sometimes under /dev/ttyACM (or something like that).
So I have to edit /etc/boblight.conf (with the good interface) or reboot and cross finger :x

Can I fix /dev/ttyXXX where karatelight is detected ?
Is it possible to have 2 devices (1 on ACM, and the other on USB) in /etc/boblight.conf ?

EDIT : now OK ( => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1166069 )
Is it possible to reupp your karatetools including the configs, your rapidsharelink does not work anymore Sad
Hi breezybadger,

I'll re-up the zip file tonight (after work).

EDIT : here comes the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp6qgiaba2vj9h...etools.zip
iam looking forward, thanks a lot!
Hi,

i have a litte bit problems with the wirering and configuration from the pluxin (settings.xml)... (karatelight 8)

I have wired the LED so:
CH3 CH4
CH2 CH5
CH1 CH6
CH8 CH7

default settings.xml "modified" was this string:
<setting id="driver_param" value="COM3&proto:xAA|x12|CX|24|Gt1|Bt1|Rt1|Gt2|Bt2|Rt2|Gb1|Bb1|Rb1|Gb2|Bb2|Rb2|Gl1|Bl1|Rl1|Gl2|Bl2|Rl2|Gr1|Br1|Rr1|Gr2|Br2|Rr2" />

my own modifikation was this:
<setting id="driver_param" value="COM3&proto:xAA|x12|CX|24|Gl2|Bl2|Rl2|Gl1|Bl1|Rl1|Gt1|Bt1|Rt1|Gt2|Bt2|Rt2|Gr1|Br1|Rr1|Gr2|Br2|Rr2|Gb2|Bb2|Rb2|Gb1|Bb1|Rb1" />

but i think the coulors dosn't match with the first one..
my own is better but not perfectly..

i don't know wheres the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOWTO] new KARATELIGHT with boblight and XBMC1