• 26(current)
Release GlobalSearch Script
there's indeed no 'back' functionality in this addon.
pressing back will always close the script.

you can use the context menu on an artist and select 'find all albums'.
that will list all the albums in the addon.
in a similar way, you should be able to use 'find all songs' from the context menu.

that way, you'll keep the addon running,
though there still won't be a way to get back to the previous listing.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-04-24, 09:59)ronie Wrote: you can use the context menu on an artist and select 'find all albums'.
that will list all the albums in the addon.
in a similar way, you should be able to use 'find all songs' from the context menu.

AH! that's great and I'll start working with that. That's helpful. Thank you for the response!
Hi ronie, I know this addon doesn't search addons (it's been said enough times Tongue) but I wondered why that is?

Is it a technical limitation, a design choice or simply a wishlist item?

Thanks in advance
(2016-05-04, 22:20)symastermatt Wrote: Hi ronie, I know this addon doesn't search addons (it's been said enough times Tongue) but I wondered why that is?

Is it a technical limitation, a design choice or simply a wishlist item?

it can only be done if every addon would provide:
- the exact same search interface for external addons
- a unified response that globalsearch can parse

so if you can get all the addon devs in the world to agree on a standard for the above, then globalsearch will be able to search addons ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hmm, ok.

I can see that the unified search interface would be difficult.
Re the unified response, I may be being stupid but don't all of the addons conform to a set way of returning results in order for the possible gui layouts to work? Or does each addon generate it's own UI for results?

Sorry if these seem basic questions, I have yet to delve into the code because I wanted to get a rough idea of whether this was theoretically possible first.

Thanks again,
Matt
(2016-05-05, 19:19)symastermatt Wrote: Re the unified response, I may be being stupid but don't all of the addons conform to a set way of returning results in order for the possible gui layouts to work?

they return a virtual directory listing to kodi.
it's not something an other addon could intercept (and wouldn't be useful even if it could).
Hmm I've search the thread and can't seem to find any similar cases. I would like to use the global search script to search epg, but it won't generate any epg results. I figured this maybe was a skin issue so I tried within a skin I know supported the feature, but it still generates no results from my epg. Is there something I may be missing or misunderstanding about this feature?
(2016-05-18, 05:39)wex101 Wrote: Hmm I've search the thread and can't seem to find any similar cases. I would like to use the global search script to search epg, but it won't generate any epg results. I figured this maybe was a skin issue so I tried within a skin I know supported the feature, but it still generates no results from my epg. Is there something I may be missing or misunderstanding about this feature?
Check the global search addon settings and make sure it is set to display EPG results.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-05-18, 06:19)braz Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 05:39)wex101 Wrote: Hmm I've search the thread and can't seem to find any similar cases. I would like to use the global search script to search epg, but it won't generate any epg results. I figured this maybe was a skin issue so I tried within a skin I know supported the feature, but it still generates no results from my epg. Is there something I may be missing or misunderstanding about this feature?
Check the global search addon settings and make sure it is set to display EPG results.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yup that option is checked, but it still won't work
Any other possible reasons here? I'm using NPVR. Is there something different about how the epg is saved from that program?
(2016-05-20, 06:26)wex101 Wrote: Any other possible reasons here? I'm using NPVR. Is there something different about how the epg is saved from that program?

it's most likely a bug in the globalsearch addon.
i'll look into it.
epg search should be fixed in v7.3.0, for kodi krypton v17 only!

as this requires skin changes, i won't fix the jarvis version of the addon.
Thank you!!
(2011-09-03, 21:41)ronie Wrote: it allows you to find items in your video, music library & epg database right from the home screen:

Hi Ronie,

When I use the script it doesn't return any data from EPG - I'm using tvheadend.

In the attached log, after restart I checked the EPG for upcoming programmes, saw that 'Casualty' was coming up shortly and so entered 'Casualty' as the search term, but nothing returned in the search results. Here's the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/pvrdhpvjx
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
don't expect me to answer the same question twice a day ;-)
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch Script1