• 1(current)
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script
this a complete re-write of the video fanart splitter script,
with a few extra options added as well.

the addon will copy your music & video fanart and thumbs to separate directories.
skins can use these directories to create a fanart slideshow on the home screen (for instance).

download: it's available in the addon repo.

let me know if there's any issues :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ! i have install your script 0.1.0. When i run the script it copy all flies but at the end i get a script.error. How can i make a logfile that i can post it here ?

My System:
Win7 64 Bit
latest nightly build
Aoen Skin MQ3 RC2
Artist Slideshow
cdArt Manager
Weather plus

Lady Baerbel
Lady Baerbel Wrote:Hi ! i have install your script 0.1.0. When i run the script it copy all flies but at the end i get a script.error. How can i make a logfile that i can post it here ?

My System:
Win7 64 Bit
latest nightly build
Aoen Skin MQ3 RC2
Artist Slideshow
cdArt Manager
Weather plus

Lady Baerbel

1) system > system > debugging > enable debug logging
2) restart xbmc
3) run the script
4) post your xbmc.log file on pastbin.com on post the link to it here.

you can find the log here:
c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I know this isn't the purpose of this script but...any chance of exporting episode images?

I've changed some episode images to be a little more 'plot-specific' than the generic ones that people race to add to theTVDB (and TVDB sadly don't allow image changes for 'generic-ness'). When I export the Video Database via the Video Settings menu the original TVDB episode thumb is exported and not my personally added image Sad
mortstar Wrote:I know this isn't the purpose of this script but...any chance of exporting episode images?

I've changed some episode images to be a little more 'plot-specific' than the generic ones that people race to add to theTVDB (and TVDB sadly don't allow image changes for 'generic-ness'). When I export the Video Database via the Video Settings menu the original TVDB episode thumb is exported and not my personally added image Sad

yes, i think i can add an option for episode thumbs,
but i don't know if that will fix your problem.
chances are the script will copy the tvdb thumb as well.
Thanks Ronie. I like your contributions on the addon site of xbmc. This addon is great. Is it also possible to integrate this in your skin so fanart can be read from the 'Atrwork organizer script' directory. I think this could be a great win because xbmc can access my fanart from my (faster) Solid State Drive.
olafvs Wrote:Thanks Ronie. I like your contributions on the addon site of xbmc. This addon is great. Is it also possible to integrate this in your skin so fanart can be read from the 'Atrwork organizer script' directory. I think this could be a great win because xbmc can access my fanart from my (faster) Solid State Drive.

there's already an option like that:
skin settings > backgrounds
you can select a folder there by clicking the 'multi-image' button.
Ronie, it looks like the update to v1.0 kind of messed up my artwork parsing or something.
I'm not sure but before I didn't have the issue, so I guess I'll post it here first Smile

I'm getting this error in the main menu using MQ3 latest RC update.

I think I've pinned it correctly to the following issue in the log (it doesn't happen all the time, but a couple times throughout the log):
10:26:39 T:17444 INFO: msg: Premature end of JPEG file

Full log: http://pastebin.com/ATvkG7Tc
ronie Wrote:there's already an option like that:
skin settings > backgrounds
you can select a folder there by clicking the 'multi-image' button.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that only work for backgrounds for the main menu?

I'm looking for an option to load the backgrounds for every individual movie I select.
OK! i have paste the logfile. http://pastebin.com/imd6krQN

please have a look

Your Baerbel Big Grin
Can I make a feature request?

Is it possible to copy the fanart in a seperate folder for each media source?
I have TV Series and Anime, both in the TV Shows database. They are stored in different folders and I have smart playlists in my menu to both of them. I'd like to setup a multi image for both of them, but I don't want my fanart mixed.

So: Let's say I have a source (or share) TVSHOWS and a share ANIME. Is it possible to make the script in such a way that it copies it in a folder structure like

\userdata\addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\TVShowFanart\TVSHOWS and
\userdata\addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\TVShowFanart\ANIME

I think this would be really handy for a lot of people.

I also have two small questions. Does it run automatically? And is it possible for XBMC to use the fanart from the script.artworkorganizer folders (instead of having the double amount of files).
olafvs Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that only work for backgrounds for the main menu?

I'm looking for an option to load the backgrounds for every individual movie I select.

ok, misunderstood your question.

i think it should be possible, but i'm not interested in adding it.

if you're looking for speed improvements, enable dds compressin in advanced settings.xml (if you haven't already done so)
and look into if it's possible to have xbmc cache your fanart to your ssd drive.
Lady Baerbel Wrote:OK! i have paste the logfile. http://pastebin.com/imd6krQN

please have a look

Your Baerbel Big Grin

cheers, there's seems to be an issue with special characters in filenames.
i'll look into it :-)
sidewalksuper Wrote:Ronie, it looks like the update to v1.0 kind of messed up my artwork parsing or something.
I'm not sure but before I didn't have the issue, so I guess I'll post it here first Smile

I'm getting this error in the main menu using MQ3 latest RC update.

I think I've pinned it correctly to the following issue in the log (it doesn't happen all the time, but a couple times throughout the log):
10:26:39 T:17444 INFO: msg: Premature end of JPEG file

Full log: http://pastebin.com/ATvkG7Tc

no clue why this happens, the script does a simple copy and past job,
so why some of the images get screwed....

could you check these images:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\TVShowFanart\Fringe.tbn
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\6\67422807.tbn

let me know if one or both are corrupt.
rename them to .jpg in case you can't open them
Raytestrak Wrote:Is it possible to copy the fanart in a seperate folder for each media source?
nope, the script fetches a list of all your movies from the video database and doesn't know about paths.

Raytestrak Wrote:I also have two small questions. Does it run automatically?
no. you could make it run automatically if you mod the skin you're using though.

Raytestrak Wrote:And is it possible for XBMC to use the fanart from the script.artworkorganizer folders (instead of having the double amount of files).

this can only be done by hacking the skin code.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script0