Xbmc does not start up on first installation to Revo machine
Trying to install Xbmc on my revo machine using Unetbootin.
These are the steps I have gone through
1. Start up Unetbootin select Ubuntu and 10.04 live. Set it to install on usb drive.

2. File downloads and runs through it's steps of downloading files
extracting and copying files , Installing bootloader and tells me Installation complete.

3. Remove usb from windows computer and put it into Revo machine and machine boots up and gives me the following options

1. Default
2. Help
3. Try without install
4. Install ubuntu
5. Check disk for errors
6. Test memory
7. Boot from first hard disk

When I let it go to default I get the Ubuntu default startup screen but no xbmc. Is there something else I should be doing. I also went with option 3. and had the same results I had with option 1. Any help would be appreciated. Blush
have you looked through this thread?
its the install live onto revo thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=revo

from what i recall from when I installed long ago there should be an option to install xbmc? or i may be wrong.

check that thread. there may be some tips or something you are missing!
good luck.
sorry i cant help.
Checked on that thread and didn't find what I needed to. I have tried to install this according to lifehackers post and have referred back to that thread and still no luck.
No option to install xbmc live on the screen during bootup
Did you get the XBMC live ISO, or are you installing Ubuntu then putting XBMC on top of that? In Unetbootin I believe there should only be 1 ISO, but the way you said it made it sound like two.

After bringing up my Unetbootin, I see exactly what you are saying. So you are wanting to install Ubuntu then install XBMC and not do a XBMC Live install. What is happening is correct, you want to install Ubuntu, then go to :

http://xbmc.org/download/

and download XBMC on the linux box, and install it.

It seems to me that you are thinking of the XBMC Live install, which if you want to install that, then get that ISO from the downloads page, and load up Unetbootin, and select Diskimage instead of Distribution, then select the ISO you just downloaded.
I will download the xbmc live 10.1 Then run unetbootin and see how that works. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc does not start up on first installation to Revo machine0