How i got a few of the scripts to work
Question 
hello there. just thought i would share my experience after jamming all night to get a few of these scripts to work, to the chagrin of the woman who long since passed out on the couch in the midst of late nite court tv reruns.

i am not a programmer, nor do i profess to understand fully how the xmbc fully configures itself on install. all i know is that the following steps worked for me after much trial and error. i will try and lay them out step by step, so hopefully anyone can follow them with relative automaton-like ease. it is my hope that this will be of some value to someone.

ok so here's how i did it (after 10 hours no less!Wink

step 1.
the router and dhcp.
(a) "where do i start?"
somewhere within your router's configuration there is a setting for 'access control' or something like that. most routers (if you have one it is the little box that is between your cable/dsl modem, the pc(s) and the xbox if you have one) have a configurable web front-end that allows you to set a number of things form your web browser on your pc. how one gets to this router menu varies by manufacturer. usually you can type in the browser address bar, '192.168.123.254' or something like this: 99% of the time the last two numbers will be variable, and the first two (192.168) will be the same. refer to your router manual online or the paper version if you happen to have it, to find this address and type it in your browser..

(b) "ok i am in my router via my web browser...now what??"
now, once in the router, find within the menus, either 'access control', or 'mac addressing' or something similar. now, set the xbox's mac address and dedicate it to the same ip address that your dashboard uses.
© "but wait i dont know what my xbox mac address is!!"
ok thats fine..no biggie....go to your xbox now.
a mac address can be found in evox, for example, under 'settings' and it looks like "a1-e0-00-f2-5d-12-7b". this is your xbox mac address. the ip is usually something like '192.168.123.103' also found a little further down, in the same place. just copy these two numbers off your xbox (mac and ip), and go back to your pc where your poor router is waiting to be configured.
(d) "ok i put in my mac information to my router. what does this mean?"
what this means is that, your router now knows always where your xbox physically is on your personal home 'network'. setting access control means that the xbox (which the router 'sees' as mac address "a1-e0-00-f2-5d-12-7b" or whatever, will always be set to the same internet address (ip) as evox. in other words, everybody knows where everybody else is, within your personal network, which is all good.
make sure the check boxes for "allow to connect" or "enable" under the access control router settings are checked, otherwise this is a waste of time. you may also wish to dedicate any other pc's on your network one address each (ie...pc #1 = 192.168.123.101...etc), as long as each number is different.
(e) "ok that was pretty mundane and boring..now what?"
now let's redo xbmc. all over again. start from scratch. what would be a good thing at this point is to find the absolute latest version of xbmc that you possibly can. places like limewire and bit torrent are good places to look. once you have found a cvs recent build of xbmc, unrar or unzip it into a temporary directory.
now, start up flash fxp ftp program and ftp to your xbox.
(f) "great so now i am staring at flash connected. now what?"
now, this is the fun step (kidding) that was the only thing that got these to work for me, the scripts. under the xbmc directory (mine is under e:/xbmc/), manually delete, one at a time, the directories. do it like this: delete the first directory in e:/xbmc and then ftp the same exact directory from your newly acquired, up-to-date xbmc that is on your pc. so like this: delete 'credits' directory on xbox-->replace with new 'credits' directory from new xmbc file-->delete 'language' directory, then replace w/ new 'language',....you get the idea. also delete-and-replace all files that are in the main e:/xbmc/ directory in xbox (default.xbe, changelog.txt, etc). finally, make sure that there are no 'missing' directories on the xbox by comparing all of the directories in your new xbmc archive with those on the xbox itself.
(g) "boy this sounds like a lot of work. can't i just replace all the files with one e-z click in flash fxp?"
i know, that's what i thought too...for some reason, and i have no idea why, simply deleting the entire xbmc directory and replacing it, or 'quick over-writing' of the files did not work for me at all.
(h) "ok fine. now i have xbmc running...how do i configure network in xbmc?
simply go to the "settings" in xbmc and select "network". then choose "dhcp" as network. most of the time the default setting is "default/dashboard". change this to dhcp. you will be prompted to restart.

(i) "alright enough monkey business with routers. get me to the scripts already!".

nrk: this is the norwegian tv script that allows us to watch norwegian television in the event that there is nothing but mindless stuff on our tv's.
(i-1) to get this to work, i had to make sure i had the right one. i found two versions of this script: one had a line in it that said "http proxy" and the other did not, near the top of the script (open the script in wordpad to see the script contents).
the one that does not have the "http proxy" line works. if you do not see, at the top of the script, "http prox", this is the one that you want.
(i-2) you will have to visit the www7.nrk.no website and register to see norwegian tv. maybe someone can help with translation here (babel fish was of little help), but suffice to say, that in the event that you find the actual registration page, the entry boxes will be (in norge): "first name, last name, username (this entry box starts with 'bruker" i believe), and off course password, and 'enter password again'. finally, at the bottom you will see three check boxes. the first one is to subscribe to their newletter. the second one i have no idea. the third one (this is important), is saying (again in norge), that you accept their terms and conditions. if the third check box is not checked, you will get an error in norge saying that you need to accept their terms. go back and tick that last of the three boxes there.
(i-3) now, go back to the nrk script and enter your login name (loggerinnen) and password within the script, and save the script, and ftp it back to the scripts directory (usually e:/xbmc/scripts/).
verify that the changes were done by viewing the file on xbox w/i flashfxp (right-click on file in right column of flash, then 'view').
(i-5) ok now what i had to do is find the python zlib file that is on the xbox, usually under e:/xbmc/python/lib/. ftp this python.zlib file to your pc, open it up in winrar or winzip, and select 'add files'. now...add the cookie folder that came with the nrk script into the zlib archive. finally, ftp it back to the e:/xbmc/python/lib directory.
finally, place the cookie folder that came with nrk directly into the directoy e:/xbmc/python/lib (folder and all..not just the files).
(i-6) finally, you should ftp the png file that came with nrk (this is an image file), into the directories "e:/xbmc/skins/mayhem/media"
"e/xbmc/skins/mayhemii/media"
..and all subsequent 'skin' directories under the media directories.
(ie e:/xbmc/skins/<<any other skin directory>>/media)
this is an important step and it will not work otherwise.

(i-7) "hey you left out i-4!!"
yeah i know. i-4 is a really bad highway here in florida. it is sort of a quasi-traumatic event to drive on it. i try to avoid i-4 if at all possible now.

ifilm
(j-1) you will have to do a full search on the forum for the most recent fix for ifilm. make a directory under e:/xbmc/scripts called "ifilmbrowser". only the f and the b are captialized. if you try and cap the i then xbox will most likely 'de-capitalize' it anyways.
make sure that the image files are all there where they should be. since this script changes so fast, read the readme file for further installation details.
a good point here is to note that all of the picture files for the menu (usually png files) have to not only be there, but be in the right place.

xradar
i was unable to get this one working at all despite all of the 'fixes' mentioned throughout the forum. i did notice that there is one entry in the script itself that points to a directory "xradar" that is impossible: xbox seems to prefer that the first letter in a directory be lower case. changing this entry to 'xradar' however, did not help. if i get this to work i will post my findings.

shoutcast update: placed simply in the e:/xbmc/scripts directory, this script worked w/o any problems at all. note that if you are using a transmitter or wireless headphones, you can usually change the volume for xbmc by moving the right thumbstick vertically up or down, and the shoutcast streams seem to be a little loud, and overload (over modulate) a transmitter or wireless device (i find that setting the vol to -11 to -15 db dramatically improved the sound).

well thats it for now. i hope this helped. if i goofed then please feel free to comment. i do not pretend to be a 'script pro'. all i know is that the above steps worked for me.

racer

[u]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How i got a few of the scripts to work0