Sick on my NMJ on my PCH...is XBMC for me?
Hi,

I have a PCH A200 player, in its been solid in terms of playing everything I throw at it (mostly mkv's), my biggest problem being you cant have multiple information sources as one library.

I am considering 2 different options...

1. Using my current PC in the livingroon and running a HDMI cable from the back of it.

2. Buying a standalone HTPC for the TV.

My current PC is a very high spec, and sits 3m behind my sofa with the TV 2m infront of the sofa..

Is it as simple as running a 5m HDMI cable from my PC to TV, and buying some sort of USB remote to control it?

How reliable is sound via the HDMI for 5.1 etc?

Are their any remotes I could use that I wouldnt need to point behind me to pick a film? (RF remotes?)

Are there issue with a dual monitor setup? Ie, my main monitor and the TV as another? Also can you have XMBC always on as default on the 2nd monitor?

Sorry for all the questions, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, I think you can do all of this.
Only thing I am not sure about is the dual monitor setup but I think I have seen it mentioned in threads here and there.

5.1 sound via HDMI is no problem.

Check my hardware setup (in my signature). That IR remote/receiver came with an extension cable that was probably long enough for you.

Check out the Hardware section of the forum for more Cool
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Dual monitors work fine, you can even continue to use the main PC screen while having XBMC running on the TV screen.
With Win 7, just set the displays to extended mode, and you can specify which screen that XBMC will run on.
djglenn Wrote:Hi,

I have a PCH A200 player, in its been solid in terms of playing everything I throw at it (mostly mkv's), my biggest problem being you cant have multiple information sources as one library.

I am considering 2 different options...

1. Using my current PC in the livingroon and running a HDMI cable from the back of it.

2. Buying a standalone HTPC for the TV.

My current PC is a very high spec, and sits 3m behind my sofa with the TV 2m infront of the sofa..

Is it as simple as running a 5m HDMI cable from my PC to TV, and buying some sort of USB remote to control it?

How reliable is sound via the HDMI for 5.1 etc?

Are their any remotes I could use that I wouldnt need to point behind me to pick a film? (RF remotes?)

Are there issue with a dual monitor setup? Ie, my main monitor and the TV as another? Also can you have XBMC always on as default on the 2nd monitor?

Sorry for all the questions, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

SPEAK OUT AND YE SHALL BE CAST OUT OUT !!! lol... Hey i see your here from the NMT forum same as me...looking for something else..seems they dont even like you to discuss other hardware even in the off topic section there...i have made one post here and recieved some great advice..i think these guys are more happy to help as XBMC is not reliant on one piece of under developed hardware.
i went from the a110 to a xbmc, and am quite happy!
moved my a110 to the bedroom, and now want to convert that to an xbmc box also...
you're not alone- check out this thread.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sick on my NMJ on my PCH...is XBMC for me?0