• 86(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)
(2012-04-13, 00:51)hernandito Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 00:50)hernandito Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 23:40)`Black Wrote: Tab key returns you to the movie.

Thank you Black... but I use keyboardless Acer Aspire Revos on my TVs in Living Room and Bedroom. I need something when using the regular remote control.

Is there a way to either program a button on the MCE Remote to perform this action, or preferably to assign it to one of the Custom Home Panels (so my non-techie wife and 7 y.o. can easily know where it is).

I just managed to program the launching of Chromium Web Browser on XBMCbuntu via an sh script assigned to an Advanced Launcher add-on.

Thanks,

H.
You can easily change the keymapping by adjusting the keymap file for your remote in the keymap directory of your xbmc installation. Smile
@thomascj
1. Please tell me exactly what you did when this error occurred. That should not happen, seems that the list (spotlight, recently added items etc.) gets focus directly and not the button which should control it.

2. Also Aeon Nox can't do that... you can set movie and tv fanart by yourself (that's what I'm doing) but you can't split your existing fanarts (from the userdata folder) into movies and tv shows. Artist fanart is enabled by default in the music osd.

@InVAMPED
That should work and is working here. Could you please post a debug log?

@hernandito
FullScreen is the action you have to map to a key of your remote.
(2012-04-13, 12:43)`Black Wrote: @thomascj
1. Please tell me exactly what you did when this error occurred. That should not happen, seems that the list (spotlight, recently added items etc.) gets focus directly and not the button which should control it.

It happens quite frequently but not reliably -- will try to map the steps out. Sometime it happens in the TV shows section, sometimes in the Home section. Oddly enough it's never happened in the Movies section.

(2012-04-13, 12:43)`Black Wrote: 2. Also Aeon Nox can't do that... you can set movie and tv fanart by yourself (that's what I'm doing) but you can't split your existing fanarts (from the userdata folder) into movies and tv shows. Artist fanart is enabled by default in the music osd.

Still not sure I'm following what you're saying -- when I'm using Aeon Nox and I scroll to the movies or TV section, the backgrounds used are specific to the section. I don't see movie backgrounds in the TV shows section or vice versa. Is the difference that you can't separate them after the fact? There must be something I'm missing here, because I used Aeon Nox for a long time and know full well that this functionality exists.

The comment I was making RE: Artist fanart is about having specific artist backgrounds/fanart presented when a song by that artist is playing. From what I've seen so far, your skin shows random artist fan art.

Yeah sure they are specific for the menu items. This is also possible in Xperience, you can set a single or multi image for every menu item. But if you want to use the fanarts from your video library, it's always movies and tv shows together. You have to specify your own folder with images if you want only movie fanart for the movie section and only tv show fanart for the tv show section.

Skin should not show random fanart unless you've enabled artist slideshow in settings -> skin -> osd.
(2012-04-13, 15:06)`Black Wrote: Yeah sure they are specific for the menu items. This is also possible in Xperience, you can set a single or multi image for every menu item. But if you want to use the fanarts from your video library, its always movies and tv shows together. You have to specify your own folder with images to achieve this.

I think I figured out the difference -- Aeon has Single Image, Multi Image, and "Latest Episode" or "Latest Movie". So it's not showing a random tv show or movie fan art -- it's showing a specific "recently added" one. Honestly this doesn't really make any difference, as the backgrounds in your skin aren't quite as evident as they are in Aeon and other skins. Is there a setting buried somewhere to alter the opacity of the background overlays?

(2012-04-13, 15:06)`Black Wrote: Skin should not show random fanart unless you've enabled artist slideshow in settings -> skin -> osd.

Ah I see what you mean. I had seen other skins have a sort of hybrid version of this -- they still show a "slideshow" but it's not random -- it's all artist specific.

Thanks again for all your hard work and responsiveness on these posts. You're awesome.

Somewhat unrelated question -- I hope it's not inappropriate to post it here. You guys all seem very knowledgeable about XBMC as a whole. Is there a keyboard shortcut for returning to the home screen? I'd like to map it on my Harmony remote. I'm finding it a bit obnoxious to press Back > Back > Back over and over when i'm a few menu levels deep and just want to get back to the home screen.

(2012-04-13, 12:43)`Black Wrote: @hernandito
FullScreen is the action you have to map to a key of your remote.

I was able to do this for my remote. But I was hoping for something a little more intuitive on the interface for the non technical user. To have commands like XBMC.CleanLibrary(video) or XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video), or FullScreen assigned to either a Custom Home Panel or a Favorite would be great.

I know once it is a Favorite, I can make it a Custom Panel. I need advice how to add this to a Favorite or how to use Custom Panel > Custom > Type Path feature.

Thank you guys.
@thomascj
Specific artist slideshow requires you to have multiple images for every artist. I could look into it for a future update.

You have to map ActivateWindow(home) to a key, then you always go back to the home screen. But maybe the esc key also does what you want but sometimes you still have to press it multiple times, i.e. when you switch from movies to settings directly, then the stack is settings -> movies -> home and you have to press esc twice.

@hernandito
Choose type custom and then set the command as path, i.e. XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video) or Action(FullScreen).
(2012-04-13, 16:32)`Black Wrote: @hernandito
Choose type custom and then set the command as path, i.e. XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video) or Action(FullScreen).

Thank you sir!!!

Nod
Hey everybody.

First: I love this skin! Wonderful work. Thank you!

My questions are:
is it possible to make a custom page to put more plugins on the screen?
i can only add 4 plugins on the programms page.
i would love to have a page that looks like the settings page to be able to add a lot of plugins.

another question: the party mode playlist button is very hidden. so it needs to navigate to there.
i would like to have it right on the music page.

would be great if you have some suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance!
(2012-04-12, 00:55)`Black Wrote: Not really, you will have to do it manually then.

Love the skin but that is a deal breaker... The home screen looks like crap, and I've never had issues like that with other skins.

The small font problem in addons is also making it hard to use.

But good luck with the project!
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
(2011-10-31, 12:55)tungmeister Wrote:
automated Wrote:Is there any way to turn the clock off when the screensaver (video fanart slideshow) is on? I'm getting some pretty bad burn in on my plasma. Also, when playing music how do I access the regular XBMC visualisation?
At present there's no solution to these issues (unless you know how to edit the skin yourself) I put a request in a while ago to have an option for the standard visualisation as a friend is also suffering from burn in on his plasma but nothing has been done as of yet.

This is a major issue, can anyone help us fix this?
Proud to have software induced insomnia.

Remove line 42 from SlideShow.xml or use the black screensaver instead (which also saves energy).

@Cthugha
This should fix the font size problem... forgot to multiply the Confluence font sizes by 1.5 because Confluence is coded in 720p and my skin in 1080i.
(2012-04-14, 17:38)Cthugha Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 00:55)`Black Wrote: Not really, you will have to do it manually then.

Love the skin but that is a deal breaker... The home screen looks like crap, and I've never had issues like that with other skins.

The small font problem in addons is also making it hard to use.

But good luck with the project!

Well i dont think is easy to make the script.watchlist to read poster.jpg inside folder without add alot extra code to it.
so if you use another skin that have script.watchlist support with similar view you will probably have the same issue.

no need change 100+ in roll since script in xperience read only 6 at time, change the most popular shows for now.
just go to your show info and get new thumb, no need reset database.
you need do it 1 by 1 yeah i know, but no pain no gain.

It could be done, path is available... I could make it an option but I really don't see the need at the moment.
Black, quick question, does your skin support the Artist Slideshow Addon : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124880

If so, how do you enable it, and if it doesn`t do you have any future plans to implement it.

Thanks.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)14