support for playing BDMV folder with menus?
hi all i've recently aquired a special collectors edition copy of Apocalypse Now which is 3 blurays.

i've ripped them all and have BDMV folders for them but the problem is when using XBMC to add these to my movie library it seems to just take the biggest stream and use that, and not give me menus etc.

this is a problem because the first disc actually has both the original, and the redux version on it. but when adding it to XBMC it just automatically plays the redux version.

is there a way to make XBMC play this as if its a proper blu-ray, with menus etc?

would greatly appreciate any help Smile
this xbmc option can playback bd index.bdmv: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
And now for an actual answer to your question.

XBMC can't and will probably never be able to display menus on blu-ray discs using its internal player due to licensing issues.

The only option if you want to have menus is to setup XBMC to use an external player like Total Media Theater or PowerDVD.

The other option you have is to just remux the blu-ray into a another container like mkv and just chose the video and audio stream you want.
Here's a guide for that: http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu-ray...ray-to-mkv
0wing Wrote:And now for an actual answer to your question.

XBMC can't and will probably never be able to display menus on blu-ray discs using its internal player due to licensing issues.

The only option if you want to have menus is to setup XBMC to use an external player like Total Media Theater or PowerDVD.

The other option you have is to just remux the blu-ray into a another container like mkv and just chose the video and audio stream you want.
Here's a guide for that: http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu-ray...ray-to-mkv

yeah cheers thanks for the info, i ended up just scraping the individual streams of both movies so i could have them in the XBMC movie library.

and thanks blu-ray i already read your thread but it doesn't help with the movie in question that just plays back the REDUX version from the index.bdmv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
support for playing BDMV folder with menus?0