[QNAP] NFS Guide now in Wiki
referring your wiki nas nfs howtos - you seem to suggest editing the /etc/exports file directly. I thought that i've read somewhere that these changes would be overwritten on each reboot of the nas (qnap or synology or both) no? Just wanted to be sure that this would be mentioned on the wiki then ... sorry if it is in already - i just hadn't the time to read it :/
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:referring your wiki nas nfs howtos - you seem to suggest editing the /etc/exports file directly. I thought that i've read somewhere that these changes would be overwritten on each reboot of the nas (qnap or synology or both) no? Just wanted to be sure that this would be mentioned on the wiki then ... sorry if it is in already - i just hadn't the time to read it :/

ohhh, I see what you're saying, got it now--thanks for explaining.

No, the changes that need to be made to the Synology /etc/exports file (which do have to be made manually, unfortunately) aren't overwritten on reboot. I'm not sure about the QNAP, but I'd imagine it's the same.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:ohhh, I see what you're saying, got it now--thanks for explaining.

No, the changes that need to be made to the Synology /etc/exports file (which do have to be made manually, unfortunately) aren't overwritten on reboot. I'm not sure about the QNAP, but I'd imagine it's the same.

Unfortunately not. After a reboot on the QNAP all the changes are lost.

This is a problem because I have automated shutdown every night with a restart each evening.

I wonder what is overwriting the changes to /etc/init.d/nfs ?
mbriody Wrote:Unfortunately not. After a reboot on the QNAP all the changes are lost.

This is a problem because I have automated shutdown every night with a restart each evening.

I wonder what is overwriting the changes to /etc/init.d/nfs ?

Oops Smile I stand corrected! I'll add a caution to the wiki under the QNAP section. It's too bad that that gets wiped during a reboot.
I already told cranial (who did the qnap wiki entry?) multiple times that this wouldn't happen if he was using "/etc/config/nfssetting" for adding the insecure flag. But he doesn't seem to think so or i just googled wrong. :/

here is my post according to this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=872...stcount=12
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:I already told cranial (who did the qnap wiki entry?) multiple times that this wouldn't happen if he was using "/etc/config/nfssetting" for adding the insecure flag. But he doesn't seem to think so or i just googled wrong. :/

here is my post according to this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=872...stcount=12

You told me Memphiz, and I read two posts further down thinking the easier fix would work. I was wrong. My bad. I'll check it out now and alter the Wiki accordingly.

*edit*

Memphiz, I'm sorry. I must have totally misread the post you linked me to the first time I read it. It's an easy fix, I'll do some testing and see if it holds up on multiple reboots. Thanks.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Okay. I've edited the Wiki, with the proper settings advised by Memphiz, which I should have followed first Blush

Changed from Step #10 on.

When someone tries the updated wiki and confirms the settings survive a reboot (they did for me) I'll remove the big red reboot warnings from the Wiki.

Hey, the important thing is that it's there now Smile Thanks for getting the info in there.

Incidentally, you don't need to put the HTML <br> line breaks throughout the wiki...you can just skip a blank line. Cleaner, easier to read when editing the wiki, etc. Wink I went through and changed it accordingly...also you can sometimes skip two blank lines just to make it a little more readable after graphics. Sometimes there'll be a graphic, an instruction step, and another graphic, and unless you put a couple of blank lines in there, it's unclear which graphic the step is referring to. Check it out and see how I changed it; might make it a little easier on you for next edit.
Cranial Wrote:You told me Memphiz, and I read two posts further down thinking the easier fix would work. I was wrong. My bad. I'll check it out now and alter the Wiki accordingly.

*edit*

Memphiz, I'm sorry. I must have totally misread the post you linked me to the first time I read it. It's an easy fix, I'll do some testing and see if it holds up on multiple reboots. Thanks.

no prob dude ... didn't want to sound angry or so ... i just didn't know why you ignored it Wink.

So now that this is cleared ... cookies for all ...
Memphiz Wrote:So now that this is cleared ... cookies for all ...
You know, I have a theory that all the world's problems can be solved with cookies Smile I mean, how can anyone be angry or want to kill anyone if they're eating a cookie?
Just got it working on a TS-210

Thought I'd try and help with a tiny correction, most would figure it out themselves I'm sure

Tiny error step 10.

I think it should read

10. Now type vi /etc/config/nfssetting

rather than

10. Now type vi /etc/config/nfssettings

Also for those not familiar with vi

:wq to save and quit

I'd edit the wiki, but don't have access having never contributed before.

Thanks for the guide - it was a great help.
welshdiver Wrote:Just got it working on a TS-210

Thought I'd try and help with a tiny correction, most would figure it out themselves I'm sure

Tiny error step 10.

I think it should read

10. Now type vi /etc/config/nfssetting

rather than

10. Now type vi /etc/config/nfssettings

Also for those not familiar with vi

:wq to save and quit

I'd edit the wiki, but don't have access having never contributed before.

Thanks for the guide - it was a great help.

Thanks Underwater Welshman. I'll fix it up now.

canadave Wrote:Hey, the important thing is that it's there now Smile Thanks for getting the info in there.

Incidentally, you don't need to put the HTML <br> line breaks throughout the wiki...you can just skip a blank line. Cleaner, easier to read when editing the wiki, etc. Wink I went through and changed it accordingly...also you can sometimes skip two blank lines just to make it a little more readable after graphics. Sometimes there'll be a graphic, an instruction step, and another graphic, and unless you put a couple of blank lines in there, it's unclear which graphic the step is referring to. Check it out and see how I changed it; might make it a little easier on you for next edit.

Ha, I only started using the line breaks as they were in the Synology wiki I shamelessly copied from Wink

Thanks for cleaning it up Canadave. I've cleaned up some errors I made regarding vi that were pointed out, and I've added some external links regarding vi and SSH.

Cranial Wrote:Ha, I only started using the line breaks as they were in the Synology wiki I shamelessly copied from Wink

Thanks for cleaning it up Canadave. I've cleaned up some errors I made regarding vi that were pointed out, and I've added some external links regarding vi and SSH.

LOL...yeah, I initially had the br's in the Synology part, then found out about using blank lines instead; so I guess you must have shamelessly copied after I changed it all Smile

Good work on the QNAP side!
Maybe a nice feature to add to the really nice wiki about NFS

just add the insecure option also to /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/nfssetting

"/share/MD0_DATA/Public" *(rw,async,no_root_squash)
[Access]
/share/MD0_DATA/Qdownload = rw,insecure
[AllowIP]
/share/MD0_DATA/Qdownload = *

Did not try a firmware update though...

Cheers red

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[QNAP] NFS Guide now in Wiki0