Library mode multiple listings of the same episodes
Question 
Multiple duplicate Episodes when browsing in Library mode

Hi Big Fan of XBMC only been on the band wagon a little while amd I have been very happy with it apart from this issue I am having. searched for a solution for over a month so here goes.

I use sick beard and sabnzbd for my tv shows dl, all seems to work great. shows update to recents I get alerts etc. great.

I like to browse in the Library mode, for some reason when you go into the season folder of random shows ther are 3 - 7 duplicates of the one episode. It doesn't happen to all the shows, basically for one show there might only be 12 episodes but it shows 58 1.1,1.1,1.1,1.2,1.2,1.2,1.3,etc. Only the first listing of an episode will actually work if clicked, if you click one of the duplicates the error is nothing happens or an error saying file is no longer available would you like to delete it from the library.

The clean library doesn't help at all and I can't find this problem anywhere. I was thinking of putting an sql db for the library onto my qnap nas where all the shows are stored but this seems really time consuming and I have never used PHPmyadmin before.

Hope someone can help. I have no Idea how to replicate this problem.

cheers Andy.

debug log
http://pastebin.com/Cpimpz6c

Asrock Vision 3D Win 7 ultimate build7600, 64bit, Intel i3 2.4ghz, 8gig ram, nvidia Geforce GT 425M 8.17.12.6081, nvida HDAudio 1.1.9.0, XBMC 10.1 GIT:E9E9099, Aeon MQ 2 ver 2.8.1, sick beard alpha build 488 & SABnzbd Version: 0.6.5, Qnap t209||
SickBeard has the ability to grab a show as soon as it is available in any resolution. Then it looks for a higher resolution when that becomes available. If it grabs a better version it then replaces the lower quality one. There are quite a few quality setting you can set in SB. You could end up with an episode being downloaded 5-6 times as the higher qualities show up. You have Sickbeard setup to tell XBMC to update the library when a new show is added. If Sickbeard is also producing .nfo files for the episodes and those do not get removed, XBMC's library updating might think they are still there.

I have SB grab any version it first finds then replace wih HD when available. I do no have SB create any extra files. I often have duplicate entires of many episodes, but the SD one is not really there anymore (which results in the "do you want to remove" prompt). I could set XBMC to clean library on update, but I have a NAS that might not be on then all that media would be seen as missing and removed from the library.
You could use the advanced settings to clean on update and that should help keep the number of duplicates down.
I haven't got SB set to DL a higher res. It only DLs the file once. I just changed the setting for it not to create the nfo's. I go to settings video library clean... in xmbc and it doesn't get rid of any of the duplicates. So doesn't really solve the problem.
Post a screen shot of your file structure. Also post your .db file if you want. I can try to look thru it to get a clue. You could also make a backup o your DB, then start fresh to see if you get duplicates in a fresh scan.
How annoying can't believe it was that simple... cheers for steering me in the right direction. Feel like a tit didn't realise that XMBC stored all its metadata not in the episode folders... evey .nfo .tbn etc was making another episode listing. All gone now and fixed and SB set not to make or copy any of these files.

Do I need to close this thread some how?

Cheers Kricker, just saw there is an aeon MQ3 out have you tried it out? the only thing I have to figure out now is how to add a music source type...
The mods will close threads as needed.

I stick with Confluence for the most part as I do lots of testing and it is best to test in the default skin.

I'm not sure what you mean about a "music source type". But you add a music source the same as adding a video source. Check the wiki, it should explain it all.
Thanks again will check out the wiki, cant browse music by library mode says I need to add a source when I go to do that there are only the options for content type: Movies-The Movie DB, TV Shows- TVdb & None. No Music options.
I don't use MQ3 but you have to go in music and create a source and after scan into library. Should be in the 'C' menu.
You could also switch back to.confluence to see how it works and after switch back to MQ3
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes. Add a music source. Than after it is added, bring up the context menu and choose "Scan item to library." You choose your music scraper in System Settings/Music/Library.
That did it, cheers. do you guys use last.fm or allmusic or something else?
I've used them both in the past. I think Allmusic may have more info available for scraping. I don't use the music part very often so I am not the best informed of the difference between the 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode multiple listings of the same episodes0