Speaker icon in upper right corner
I'm not convinced this is a Confluence thing, but it doesn't show up on any other skin. I'm using XBMC on and ATV2 with default Confluence. There is always a little icon of a speaker in the upper right corner with a little slash through it showing, whether browsing menus or playing a movie. The sound works fine on the movies though. I have 5.1 selected, HDMI for the audio out, etc. Anyone know what might be causing this?
It means that XBMC's volume is muted and the reason sound works with movies is pass through sound is not effected. if you want to get rid of it you need to adjust the volume there are how too's in the apple forums here
The reason the sound still works is probably because you're using passthrough.
Did anyone find a fix for this please?

I have the same issue on my ATV2 with XBMC Eden b3 and it's driving me crazy trying to fix it!
Press "+" to raise volume.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@DDDamian: I'm using ATV2 and this has no "+" button on the remote and there is no keyboard.

I have now found a solution to this: enable web server on XBMC and unmute XBMC via the web interface.

Big Grin

Thanks to all here for their help!
As Confluence is the skin mostly used by ATV2 users due to having a lightweight skin, it might be worth thinking about an volumeup/volume down button in the osd?

Any opinion?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:As Confluence is the skin mostly used by ATV2 users due to having a lightweight skin, it might be worth thinking about an volumeup/volume down button in the osd?

Any opinion?

See Jezz-X's post #2, although it does sound like it's worth considering - you made a good point.

There's another thread here with a workaround and probably more threads...
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Yeah, I saw Jezz's post and yes, it's described often in the iOS forums...
Let's see if I have time this weekend to submit ticket and PR...
Maybe the other devs have an opinion, but github is a better place to discuss directly in the PR...

BTW: There are several other users that requested that buttons...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Yeah, I saw Jezz's post and yes, it's described often in the iOS forums...
Let's see if I have time this weekend to submit ticket and PR...
Maybe the other devs have an opinion, but github is a better place to discuss directly in the PR...

BTW: There are several other users that requested that buttons...

I agree it should be more user-friendly for ATV users than the workarounds require. I know Jezz_X is away for a few days, so a Trac ticket cc:ing him would be the right thing to do.
If your control pad has an F8 key, press it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speaker icon in upper right corner0