New script "flexibrowser"
(madlobster @ april 16 2005,04:36 Wrote: the site uses xml pretty heavily, so it should be a rather simple task compared to many other sites.
they have a rss feed. but it only contains the newest additions, like many other feeds.
or is there a place to get all movies of one archive in xml? haven't found one.

(madlobster @ april 16 2005,04:36 Wrote:i'd really like to see a script for archive.org.
nice site though, lots of intresting movies
(bernd @ april 18 2005,23:26 Wrote:
(madlobster @ april 16 2005,04:36 Wrote:the site uses xml pretty heavily, so it should be a rather simple task compared to many other sites.
they have a rss feed. but it only contains the newest additions, like many other feeds.
or is there a place to get all movies of one archive in xml? haven't found one.
unfortunately, i haven't been able to find one either.

perhaps the best solution would be to have the script an first run search ftp://moviesxx.archive.org (with xx being 02 to 14) for all *_meta.xml files and build a local database of the movies. then, on future uses, it would probably be best to update the database using the various rss feeds.

there are 13,878 movies here...
just grabbed up the new version of flexibrowser and for some reason it's not working on my xbox

i put all the files in a "flexibrowser" directory like the description stated, and even created a "flexitemp" & "temp" directory.

all i get is "running" for half a second then it dissappears Sad
(rocafellasqualie @ may 30 2005,15:58 Wrote:i put all the files in a "flexibrowser" directory like the description stated, and even created a "flexitemp" & "temp" directory.
the directory structure should be as following:

{flexibrowser}
+--flexibrowsergui.py
+--cachedhttp.py
+--clientcookie.zip
+--{plugins}
      +--plug_teamxbox.py
      +--plug_gamefaqs.py
      +--plug_(other plugins).py

just as it is stored in the zip file.

(rocafellasqualie @ may 30 2005,15:58 Wrote:all i get is "running" for half a second then it dissappears  Sad
if you still experience probs please have a look at the xbmc logfile. it may help to pin down the problem. (remember to set the loglevel to 1 or 0 in xboxmediacenter.xml if you haven't already done so)

bernd
it doesn't work here either...i have the exact dir structure but i get some attribute error.
file "q:\scripts\flexibrowser\flexibrowsergui.py", line 96, in ? class flexibrowserhttp(cachedhttp.cachedhttp):
attributeerror:'module'object has no attribute 'cachedhttp'
it seems the script cannot find the cachedhttp.py file.
is it in the same folder like the flexibrowsergui.py ?
yes it is so i really dont understand it..i take it case (in)sensitive has got nothing to do with it?
(morgoth123 @ june 14 2005,13:09 Wrote:yes it is so i really dont understand it..i take it case (in)sensitive has got nothing to do with it?
the case doesn't matter.

l would suggest the you do a fresh install:
-download the latest flexibrowser package from xbmcscripts.com
-extract the contents of the zipfile to a directory of your choice. make sure you get the right directory structure (see above)
-ftp the contents of that directory to the flexibrowser subdir in your scripts directory.

hope that helps
bernd
hi! Smile

what a great app, thanks for creating it! :d

i've created a plugin to stream videos of a portuguese games site, and it works really well, but i have a couple of technical questions...

- are you considering implementing image viewing? because the site in question has both images and videos for download...

- how do you handle videos with linebreaks in the url? for instance, when a the pages source code is like this
Quote:<a href="http://123.com/video.wmv
">video</a>
, i can't parse it correctly, and no video is found. i tried using the
Quote:data = data.replace('\n', '')
function but it just locks up the whole system, for no apparent reason, because i use it on another part of the code and it works fine.

- when you write
Quote:
p = re.compile('<a\s+href="([^/w].*?)">(.*?)</a>', re.ignorecase or re.dotall)

for mov in movies:
m = gogameelement(mov[1], strbaseurl + mov[0])
how do i know what part of the regex is mov[0], mov[1] etc?... i know it works this way, but is it the "()" that define them?.. i hope i'm making myself clear... :p

well, thanks again for your nice little app Smile
(joaomgcd @ july 14 2005,13:24 Wrote:hi! Smile
what a great app, thanks for creating it!  :d
thanks i appreciate that. i'm happy you like it.

Quote:- are you considering implementing image viewing? because the site in question has both images and videos for download...
i'm currently working on displaying images so we can see all the screenshots of upcoming games.

Quote:- how do you handle videos with linebreaks in the url? for instance, when a the pages source code is like this
Quote:<a href="http://123.com/video.wmv
">video</a>
, i can't parse it correctly, and no video is found. i tried using the
Quote:data = data.replace('\n', '')
function but it just locks up the whole system, for no apparent reason, because i use it on another part of the code and it works fine.
normally the re.dotall should work, but i had also problems with it, so i tried the replace('\n', '') approach.
what do mean by "lock up"? does the script just stop responding, but ftp still works?
i was just trying to hunt down this kind of bug.
i will check this out on the weekend and post here if i find out anything.

Quote:- when you write
Quote:
p = re.compile('<a\s+href="([^/w].*?)">(.*?)</a>', re.ignorecase or re.dotall)

for mov in movies:
m = gogameelement(mov[1], strbaseurl + mov[0])
how do i know what part of the regex is mov[0], mov[1] etc?... i know it works this way, but is it the "()" that define them?..
i use () to tag parts of the regexp. the mov[n] statement means the n-th tagged expression.
in the regexp '<a\s+href="([^/w].*?)">(.*?)</a>'
mov[0] is the first part ([^/w].*?) and
mov[1] is the second part (.*?).

you can use named tags if you don't like the simple indexed version. you can check out that link for good examples on python regexps

if you have any other questions feel free to post them in flexi browser dev thread.

bernd
hi again! thank you very much for the prompt response. Smile

Quote:i'm currently working on displaying images so we can see all the screenshots of upcoming games.

very nice! :d that will be great. audio support would be nice too Wink

Quote:normally the re.dotall should work, but i had also problems with it, so i tried the replace('\n', '') approach.
what do mean by "lock up"? does the script just stop responding, but ftp still works?
i was just trying to hunt down this kind of bug.
i will check this out on the weekend and post here if i find out anything.

by "lock up", i mean the system really just stops responding to anything, and even the ftp server doesn't respond anymore. it's not like when your script has invalid code, it's really everything freezing. strange thing is, it never happened to me before using that expression. only if i include that line of code does it happen. oh, and sadly the re.dotall doesn't work either in those cases i mentioned...
let me know if you can find a solution. i'm only just learning python with this plugin so i'm really not familiar with it... Confusedhifty:

Quote:i use () to tag parts of the regexp. the mov[n] statement means the n-th tagged expression.
in the regexp '<a\s+href="([^/w].*?)">(.*?)</a>'
mov[0] is the first part ([^/w].*?) and
mov[1] is the second part (.*?).
great, that is what i thought, thanks Smile

Quote:if you have any other questions feel free to post them in flexi browser dev thread.
i'll post this in that thread too.

thanks again for your support!

edit: by the way, do you use any way to debug your code, so you can know where the problem is instead of having to guess what it is everytime?

edit2: if you want added internationalization you can add the lines
Quote: decoded = string.replace(decoded, 'ã', 'a')
decoded = string.replace(decoded, 'ç', 'c')
to your decodehtml function in the flexibrowser.py file, since xbox doesn't support ã or ç. :p
i have a bunch of csi movies on a computer downstairs and it runs mandrake with apache web server. i would like to watch them from my xbox with out having to ftp them up. here is what it looks like when you browse it for firefox. http://192.168.2.9:8002/mmedia/tv/csi-ny/ then that is the directory with the avi's.

can you guys help make a script do do this?
(bigmitch @ july 30 2005,03:33 Wrote:i have a bunch of csi movies on a computer downstairs and it runs mandrake with apache web server. i would like to watch them from my xbox with out having to ftp them up.
why not use a ftp server. afaik recent builds of xbmc can access files on ftp servers directly.

or use samba on your server which will work with older builds of xbmc.

another simple option is to create a m3u playlist with direct links to your movies or your web server. check the manual on how to do this.
(der hesse @ aug. 03 2005,16:32 Wrote:hi,
i have a problem with the alpha centauri, its not showing me the video
i have noticed also that newer episodes don't play.
have you tried to download older episodes?
i haven't checked it, but it may be possible that new episodes use a newer version of real media, which cannot be played by xbmc.

(der hesse @ aug. 03 2005,16:32 Wrote:its also not downloading any temp files to z:\ Sad
first there must be an asterix (*) in the path when flexibrowser (press x to toggle). otherwise the flexibrowser will pass the url of the movie to xbmc, which will stream it directly
second the z: drive in xbmc-python is actually the x drive (at least in avalaunch the files show up in on the x: drive)

it may be possible that bronline changed their page layout so the url cannot be found. you can turn loglevel in xboxmediacenter.xml to 1 or lower and check your xbmc.log. you should see the url xbmc is trying to stream. check what the log says. is it a script error or xbmc error.

bernd
hi,

no video from alpha centauri is working Sad
also not all ebaum videos are running, when i pressing a its just making the click sound and nothing happens Sad

i have the newest flexibrowser

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New script "flexibrowser"0